Page 620 of 674 FirstFirst ... 120520570610618619620621622630670 ... LastLast
Results 6,191 to 6,200 of 6739

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

My neighbor and I will generally clear each other's sidewalks. We've both got electric snow throwers, so we can do shifts while each other's batteries recharge.

When I had a gas snow thrower, I'd regularly go to the end of my block in addition to clearing the walkway for my former elderly neighbors.

This is something totally new to me since I grew up in tropical Taiwan and then lived in SoCal ever since… so last year at Seattle we had about a week of snow during Xmas? Quite awesome! Just enough snow but not so much snow… My 10 yr old neighbor did not shovel snow for me for free. He knocked on my door and wanted $5. Since I didn’t even own a snow shovel, I paid him the money. The kid did a good job!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I hit my knee against the wall in the most awkward and stupid way possible.
    acket.

Yikes! Hope you did not cause too serious of a damage to the wall?

J/k… take care and get well soon!

And as you get older...
    instead of - fell off cliff and walk away
    its now - bent in wrong direction, out of action for a week

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    A friend of mine that I've known for a while is having an extremely difficult time. She lives in Dubai but is from the Philippines. I'm helping her out and was also checking into seeing if she wants to visit here via Tourist Visa to get away for a bit (just out of curiosity if it was feasible)....estimated wait time for a visa interview with the U.S. Embassy in Dubai for tourist visa.........1 year and a half.

Apparently the Obama administration made it a point to have these done within 21 days but naturally Herr Trump cancelled that, and Biden hasn't done anything to fix it yet.

Administrator
    We lost P-22, our celebrity mountain lion, this morning. Feels sad - there was something about knowing that there was a big cat roaming free in the middle of the city. It sounds like he was already beginning to struggle in his older age and had lost a lot of weight, and the nearly ubiquitous usage of rat poison in this city always seems to head up the food chain to the lions, and now it sounds like he was hit by a car a few days ago and had a fractured skull. He made it across multiple freeways to find himself in Griffith Park, and because of that ring of freeways around him, he never had a chance to find a mate, he was alone in that park for 10 odd years.

RIP P-22.

That's really fucking depressing...

Administrator
    It really is. I think a lot of us are also feeling that familiar sting of when you have to make that call for your own pet.

On the plus side, his legacy lives on in the area. He was huge when it came to advancing our knowledge of mountain lions. He also almost acted as an ambassador for how we need to work on how we live with wildlife in this big urban center. I have no doubt the fact that he was so beloved by this city is what's leading to a wildlife bridge being built across the 101 freeway north of the Santa Monica mountains that will allow the lions that have been basically stranded on that stretch to expand their territory and start mating with non-close relatives again. I hope it will lead to more, it's too often we hear about one being killed on the 405.