Page 2 of 672 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

why do shaving cuts on your neck hurt so far beyond the actual extent of the damage done?

Hah, just given the nature of my internet perusing, I've got this awful habit of hitting up the Refuge still.
    Last edited by GreatScawt; January 9th, 2014 at 12:41 PM.

Yeah, muscle memory--I keep scrolling to that bookmark, too.
    Whoomah!

Quote Originally Posted by Sad, little man View Post
    People that brush their teeth in the office bathroom at lunch time disturb me. Seriously, won't they be fine until you get home? If they won't, you probably need to have some repairs done on them.

Are these people just victims of an overbearing, menacing dentist? Do they have some terrible oral affliction? What the hell is going on there?
    I am of the opinion that current dental hygiene technology has advanced to the point that mid-day cleanings are not necessary. I do not have any real proof to back it up. Some people would rather be safe than toothless, I have nothing to tell them they shouldn't do it and it doesn't bother me anymore than anyone else using the restroom the same time as me, so I just ignore it.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Conman View Post
    24 Hours, no real cigarette. I am using an e-cig with a medium level of nicotine. Baby steps.
    You can do it. If there was ever one thing in my life I don't regret doing, it was quitting smoking. Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Conman View Post
    24 Hours, no real cigarette. I am using an e-cig with a medium level of nicotine. Baby steps.
    Good luck Conman! I quit smokeless tobacco (Skoal Mint) after 30 years 249 days ago. I did it cold turkey. It was one of the most certain and intensely final decisions I've ever made in my life. One day (5/5/2013), I simply woke up and asked myself, "What the ---- are you doing? Stop poisoning your body. You're a father now. Grow up."

The first month was awful. I was suprised, since I considered myself a light user, but it's amazing what nicotine does to your body and to your brain. I was going around picking fights with people - not only my friends on the internet but total strangers - people who cut me off in traffic, etc. I may be an asshole, but never (okay, very rarely) like that! Somehow I managed to stay calm at home (where I seldom used tobacco) but once I got in my car and couldn't grab a pinch of Skoal, I turned into Joe Rage until I got home from work to my safe surroundings.

Now I barely ever think about it tobacco.

If a weak man like me can do it, certainly you can too.

People that brush their teeth in the office bathroom at lunch time disturb me. Seriously, won't they be fine until you get home? If they won't, you probably need to have some repairs done on them.

Are these people just victims of an overbearing, menacing dentist? Do they have some terrible oral affliction? What the hell is going on there?
    I brushed my teeth in the bathroom at work just yesterday. I had a dentist appointment at 11:30. It's close to my office, so at 11:15 I went in and scrubbed my fangs so the hygenist wouldn't pass out from breath that smelled like a dead man's feet. Since I started bicycling to work last summer, I keep toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, soap, shampoo, etc. in my locker at work, so it was right there for me to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Lori and I got a BBQ! Let the grilling begin!
    Hey Cam, not grilling related, but did you ever try a mustard-based BBQ pork sammich from Maurice's Piggy Park or his competitors?

I'm going back to Charleston in 2015 and one of the first places I'll go is to Robert's BBQ in N.Chas for a big-ol' mustart sammich and some of those onion rings that have so much batter on them that it's like eating an onion donut. Rumor has it that Robert and Maurice are brothers, but it doesn't matter. I just love that stuff from any of a number of similar fine establishments catering to the overweight and those aspiring to be.

Of course I put Fry Sauce on the rings like a good GTX member should!

Man, I miss SC-style BBQ!

*wipes slobber off mouth like Wile E. Coyote*

I do it on occasion. I sometimes forget to brush before I leave for work in the morning and don't like having coffee breath. Or if I have a lunch that gets stuck in my teeth or something? IDK. I have floss at work too, just in case. Maybe I'm just self-conscious from my previous smoking days that I have bad breath, but if I have a meeting I'd rather not find out. Not a good impression to leave on clients or co-workers.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    You forgot the LOL! How can you have a bloody bleeding SCGTXFPBBQ! without the LOL? HUH?
    And the WTF. You can't have a good GTXF without a BBQ a LOL and a WTF. Also, that you can't JUST use ALL CAPS.

Oh yeah, I do have floss sticks that I use varying amounts (I'll go a month without, and then days in a row using them). Just sometimes my mouth doesn't feel clean, whether there's something stuck in between my teeth or whatever, and I just want to do something about it.
    Get that weak shit off my track