Page 419 of 675 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421429469519 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Our GM does that. To add to it hes a dick about it.

He has some sort of hate for night ahift as well. Blames us whenever days blows the lead and puts us behind. Doesn't help that day shift lies about work left for the day.

A couple of jobs back I was in a team of four people, I was the most junior / inexperienced member of the team with "only" five years in the role (the other team members had been there between 10 and 24 years). We all knew what we were doing, were hitting all the targets etc.

Due to a restructure they put us under a micro managing team leader who worked at an office two hours drive away, who lead a team of people doing a completely different job / role to what we did.

She was trying to figure out what we did (and make us do it "better"), so she spent a day literally sitting behind me with a stopwatch. I spent the day utterly boring her to death with ridiculous minutiae of submodels of Corvettes / Camaro's / Mustangs etc (part of my job was processing the permits required to import / drive a left hand drive car in a right hand drive country). She lasted until lunchtime before she lapsed into a coma, and then left me alone. Seemed a suitable revenge upon somebody who was trying to micro manage me from a range of two hours drive away

Oh yeah, and then I left that job

Turned out I left it to go to a job that was totally not good either ... but that was a few jobs ago, so that's water under the bridge.

Hint: if you really don't drink much, don't work at a place where their idea of a fun day was to start drinking at noon, and stop when the city runs out of alcohol.

Lift driver had a seizure on Monday. hit a guard rail, bathroom door, drinking fountain, and a set of movable stairs. He nearly hit another lift driver who was exiting the bathroom.

he's laying on the stretcher with EMTs around him and a few first responder trained coworkers. our GM drives up, gets off his golf cart and walks PAST all these people to the damaged property and asks 'what are we going to do about this?' meaning the damage to the building.

I've known for a while that this GM is toxic and doesn't view employees as anything but expendable workers but god damn does this prove it. ALL the LTOs are now dragging ass putting us behind on basically everything which in turn makes this GM look bad to corporate. I've also been told that nearly every LTO on day shift called our NEAR/HR line on him as a result of this.

He tried to give the LTO who was the first person over there(and first responder trained) five bucks to the vending machines as a thank you. LTO threw it back in his face stating "that mans life is worth more than five dollars." the LTO who had the seizure is as far as i know currently in a drug induced coma.

What an asshole.

its also our second OSHA recordable in like 3 days.
    Which is probably what he is more concerned about. probably puts his yearly bonus in jeopardy.

wish he'd take his stupid self back to California and stay there. We've done nothing but go down hill under his so called leadership.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    sounds like a face punchable offense to me

Wow. What a jerkhole!!!

It makes me chuckle when someone is trying to make some event seem momentous or important, so they specify the time with "EST" (eastern standard time) at the end, but it's during the summer, so it should really be EDT (eastern daylight time), so they just look like an idiot.