Page 432 of 675 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442482532 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Is it a bad thing to to into an interview with facial hair?

Personal opinion: Shave for the interview. Nobody will fault a guy for being clean-shaven, but someone might think your facial hair is inappropriate or ugly or whatever.

I went to an interview with a full beard a couple years ago, and in a snowstorm, no less. I was brushing snow off my clothes as I came in from the parking lot, and my beard was wet at the start of the interview, since I was ushered directly from the lobby into the interview room where four people waited. I don't think the beard helped any.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Only if the facial hair is actually relocated pubes.

Sorry folks, noticed all the replies days later. FWIW I feel I'm trying to "quit" facebook not because of what's THERE, but because I don't seem to have the self-control to just occasionally visit it, without getting drawn into the mind-numbing, repetitive scroll-and-Like habit. I'm still on a couple of specific groups that I enjoy, and I Follow various music groups and things I need to keep a track of in terms of releases and tours and schedules.

For me, it was about my irrational need to know what EVERYONE was talking about at ALL TIMES of the day about EVERY subject. And if I missed out on some conversation, or some opinion, or some chance to GIVE my opinion, I'd feel that stab of guilt/jealousy/depression/anger/exasperation. And I think facebook counts on this, to make you want to be MORE addicted to it. You notice how the News Feed always defaults to "Top Stories" now instead of "Most Recent"? I think that's on purpose, to show you conversations that you missed. Big long threads, sometimes I saw ones that were 2-3 days old, with hundreds of comments. And all I could think was "OH FUCK, my group spent all last night talking about Army of Darkness--I'm A HUGE Army of Darkness fan! I'm the GREATEST Army of Darkness fan, and I missed out on the chance to TELL EVERYONE WHAT I KNOW AND THINK!" .... So maybe I'll obsessively crawl the newsfeed more often, so that doesn't happen!

My hope is that I will make my News Feed boring enough that on the odd time I DO visit, I'll only participate for a minute or so and then exit. It's worked so far, I think.
    Last edited by tigeraid; January 3rd, 2018 at 02:01 PM.

My favorite item of the week so far in the news?

Oregon allowing self serve gas pumps under certain conditions and the freak outs people seem to be having over it. Apparently only a trained fueling technician should ever put gasoline into a cars tank via a pumping mechanism. No untrained savages like live in 48 of the 50 US States.

I once had some 15 year old monkey spray 94 octane all over the rear bumper of my '69 Firebird. Trained savages are usually worse. I try to interrupt them and do it myself if I made the mistake of pulling into a Full Service.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen596 View Post
    Apparently only a trained fueling technician should ever put gasoline into a cars tank via a pumping mechanism.
    Them union boys in New Jersey know how to handle this sort of thing. You don't see people there pumping their own gas, do ya?

A fella could have an accident, knowwhatImean?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I posted about that on the Misc car stuff thread, but anyway:

I let the outside taps drip this week since it has been quite cold to keep them from freezing. Yesterday morning, a small bird was taking a shower under one. It was cute.