Page 558 of 675 FirstFirst ... 58458508548556557558559560568608658 ... LastLast
Results 5,571 to 5,580 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

I think the biggest potential differences in the next 10-20 years will come from the fact that most photographs taken by consumers now are taken by smartphones. Small changes to software and hardware capabilities may add up, or there may be a major technological change that the entire market adopts that causes a sea change. It could be something as simple as fitting significantly bigger sensors, so depth of field and low light sensitivity are drastically changed and every photo looks like it was taken by a DSLR, or something big like the maturity and adoption of light-field cameras that allow you to refocus and make 3D images. If there was a universal file format created, and adopted by Apple in iOS, that supported light-field info and/or the distance to every pixel, and allowed native support for all the resulting features in every browser and app, clicking on an "old" picture and not being able to refocus it or see it in 3D will make it clear that it's an "old" one.

And there is probably something much more noticeable that we just aren't thinking of.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I was just going thru some old photos... amazing how many were as low res as 640x480, but in general most photos dont look fundamentally different in the last 15 years. Some do - like panoramas. That was a leap in technology that is easy noticeable.

I agree if something like "3d", 360 or "re-focus" becomes standard then it will be an obvious difference.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Based on what?
    Based purely on my being optimistic.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Is it ok to not like Thurston Moore's music anymore bc he turned out to be a dick to his ex-wife?
    acket.

I think the two are not related. I think Kanye West is the biggest dickhead in the world, but I love his music and always will. GOAT producer.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Is it ok to not like Thurston Moore's music anymore bc he turned out to be a dick to his ex-wife?
    Yes. It's also okay just to not like his solo stuff in general - I think it's mostly so-so at best, and would much rather listen to Lee's solo work. He's turned out to be the best on his own imho.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Junior Potato
    Just something really really random here, but there were a lot of Antipodeans posting in the 'Rona thread today, and it got me curious about who we have here on a regular basis.

We've got:

G'Day Mate in Adelaide
    YobboNZ in Melbourne (not quite NZ)
    Dicknose in Sydney
    Me in Gold Coast
    Leon in Wellington, a city so good they named gumboots after it

Have I missed anyone?

I still interact quite regularly with Michael Babb (BFM) and Paul Leins (The End) on Facebook. Paul is in Canberra, and Michael just moved back up to Brisbane with his family this week after a rough year of employment woes. I hope to finally meet Michael in person now that he's back in Qld.

Speaking of which... what the heck happened to IMOA?

Speaking of this thread, (because I don’t know where else to talk about this), did anybody else hear about that crazy guy shooting his neighbors in PA over snow shoveling?

Holy. Shit.

Someone sent me the raw video and I wish they didn’t. That stuff haunts you.

We drove to Myrtle Beach today just for laughs. It was nice to walk on a beach, but it was chilly today. Plus, Myrtle Beach is a resort town with tourist-trap, hokey attractions. I will take a walk in the woods any day over that junk.