Page 547 of 672 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548549557597647 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

After bartenders and waitresses getting dinged multiple times for not carding an under-aged person sent in by officers to test them, the local Hooters now requires them to card everyone, no matter what age they look. They have funny/flirty lines they use on the people that look like their grandparent to deflect the anger.

I always find it fascinating when people are angered because they didn't bring their driver's license. It was ingrained in me early on that I had to ALWAYS have my driver's license with me, because I could and would be arrested for driving without it, or worse.
    Get that weak shit off my track

The US obsession with "carding" can get silly when its applied to people who are well over the age.
    My sister was refused a wine at a basketball game because they wouldnt accept her drivers license because it was "out of state". She was over 50, so clearly not under 21.

Our age is 18, but they have a rule that is you can be asked for id if you look under 25. Of cause its up to the person serving and Ive seen some people asked for id who were 30, but didnt look that old.
    But it does mean in general that people over 25 wont get asked for id. The main purpose is to protect the people serving and checking id, it gives them a clear line as to who they should check without having to get into the silly "card em all"

In PA they scan the bar code on the license so discretion of the cashier is taken out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    It is weird having a lady who could be my daughter ask for my ID at the beer store.
    It's tough getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    The photobucket saga is interesting.

Even if I told them "Just delete my account", which I think perhaps I should do sometime, I would still cause them expense from all the hotlinks left around several forums. I.e. having their web server return "not found".

At this place, I've changed all of my photobucket links to non-hot links. Strangely, the few I looked at here appeared to continue viewing, even though free accounts no longer allow hotlinking at all. The images viewed, but with a Photobucket watermark.
    Spoiler:

I suppose I should try do the same at gtplanet. Here at gtxf I found only six posts of mine containing "photobucket", of which only about half were actual hot links. I vaguely recall I might have left a lot more there.

And, of course, nothing prevented people in the past from hotlinking to my Photobucket pictures. I can't change those, can I?
    It was difficult to delete the last part of my photobucket content. Albums could be relatively easily deleted as a whole by clicking on them and then selecting an option/link to do so.

There was no obvious way to delete the photos at the top-level ("library") however. And whether those photos displayed was not reliable. So I created a succession of dummy albums. I then drag-and-dropped the 39 images to those albums, deleting the albums and creating a new one when photobucket got in a snit until I could see the remaining photos.

A complicating oddity was that captcha was not working properly for me, and so I "forgot my password" about four times to get re-logged in as necessary.

After that I bashed through their FAQs and found reference to the "Delete Account" link, and it appeared to work. Well, it has scheduled my account for deletion on August 16, 2020.

I'll improve the screenshot quality. The raw ones are good png, but they got shmushed to fuzzy jpegs when I uploaded here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SportWagon; August 14th, 2020 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    Our age is 18, but they have a rule that is you can be asked for id if you look under 25. Of cause its up to the person serving and Ive seen some people asked for id who were 30, but didnt look that old.
    But it does mean in general that people over 25 wont get asked for id. The main purpose is to protect the people serving and checking id, it gives them a clear line as to who they should check without having to get into the silly "card em all"
    The rule at the location mentioned above was to only card people that looked like they were 40 or older. I think it's funny because some people are offended when they're no longer carded, and others are offended when you card them.

Edit: Actually, I may be misremembering the rule (I don't drink, so it was never said to me). It might have been that they were told, and told to say, that they carded anyone that looked younger than their grandparents. It was a joking excuse that got a laugh more than anger.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; August 14th, 2020 at 02:57 PM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    In PA they scan the bar code on the license so discretion of the cashier is taken out of the equation.
    And if you dont have local id?

Section 495(a) of the Liquor Code allows for a valid photo driver’s license or identification card issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation or by any other state, a valid United States Armed Forces identification card, or a valid passport or travel visa issued by the United States or a foreign country that contains the holder’s photograph, are all acceptable as identification cards.

That said, individual retailers are permitted to layer their own identification measures and the place I normally purchase beer requires scanning of the identification card. Shoppers will be turned away if the refuse to provide one.

One of the people I'm training this month is the voice of AOL. He's a super nice guy.

The ‘you got mail’ guy?