Page 482 of 672 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492532582 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Sorry to hear that Jason and Tyler. I know steroids help with some of the side effects, but you can't be on them long term. Hopefully soon they get her dose correct to minimize the effects.

Hopefully they work out what mix of drugs make things more bearable.

I know my mum was on drugs to try to keep the cancer at bay. Then the drugs to deal with the side effects. Then another set of drugs to deal with the second set of side effects.

Took a while to get things to semi stable.

I am somewhat conflicted on Sears going into bankrupcy. Worked there for 19 years and there were a lot of good people there at one time. Not so much anymore.

I didn't really understand who actually owns what.

Some article said that REIT's can lose their malls.

Is there a rent auction or something like that ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndMoparMan View Post
    I am somewhat conflicted on Sears going into bankrupcy. Worked there for 19 years and there were a lot of good people there at one time. Not so much anymore.
    Odd. We thought that, by shedding their Canadian presence many months ago, they'd keep the U.S. chain viable.

The web seems to blame Amazon. At least if you search from that angle.

"Video killed the radio star"

"Amazon killed the department store"

Our most local former Sears store is now an "Urban Behavio[u]r" outlet. With all the over-specified washrooms locked up. First sign of something weird was a few years ago when they closed the iconic cafeteria. A few months before failing they had a big renovation which was ended obviously before it was completed. The old watch repair place became a shadow of its former self, among other things.

The separate hardware and discount outlet sits empty. Strange shadows of the former lettering adorn that and and few other places on the main building. And there's the death of Kenmore and all its warranties.
    Last edited by SportWagon; October 17th, 2018 at 09:38 AM.

Most large out-of-town chain stores did exactly the same thing to individual shops in town centres and main streets across the world.

Amazon certinaly did play a part in Sears's downfall, but it was only a small factor, I think. Company's been mismanaged for a long, long time.

Sear was Amazon back then... successful mail order company... grew bigger and bigger and ended up with physical stores.

Amazon is following the same trend with more physical presence..., hopefully not repeating the same mistakes.

Here in KC, sears just fought and won a multi-year battle to keep a store open. The owners of the mall it was in wanted to tear down the building (which was almost entirely empty other than a dmv office), but sears had something like a perpetual lease or full ownership of the space they occupied and wouldn't take the buyout. So the developers tore the rest of the structure down and built a crappy back wall on to the sears.
    Since, the owners have put up (yet another) mixed use light commercial/residential development, and sears stands alone and unvisited.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Second treatment has so far gone a little smoother, though increased fatigued... but less other weird side effects, thankfully.

On the down side though, her employer is downgrading healthplans starting Dec 1st, so... that's gonna suck. Thanks America.