Page 489 of 489 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489
Results 4,881 to 4,886 of 4886

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Quote Originally Posted by mk View Post
    I got an impression that having anything but sugar foam is an operation.

Here eating is generally more expensive so doing your own stuff is a norm and also gives more variations than fast foods.

Diluted protein smoothie could be one hunger preventer.
    Though, no idea how to make it tasty.

How are take away and fast food generally connected, is it only few if you like to keep it fast?

Sorry, it was Finland, was it? So fish is big game there, is it not? No better source of protein and Omega 3 than fish. Tuna's a regular food for me.

Take-out and fast food, the problem is more that they're heavily processed and full of sodium. And more importantly, their ratios are all off for healthy eating... A typical fast food burger might have a 4oz burger patty, which is maybe 18g of protein, but then it has a big fat pretzel bun or kaiser that's MORE calories than the meat between it, and is basically just eating sugar. Then add to the fact that most of their foods are deep-fried.

Occasional fast food is fine, but even then, you have to pick very carefully. Chicken sandwiches instead of beef in most cases will be more protein, lower calories and generally "better". But I mean, who wants to go to a drive-thru and NOT order fries?

Cooking for yourself immediately makes eating healthy WAY, WAY easier.

There's also the GMO issue.

Cows raised with genetically modified corn were used to make the burgers.
    French fries fried in corn oil made out of the same genetically modified cheap corn...
    Big cup of soda filled with corn syrup again made out of the same cheap corn...

Yeah, they're cheap and yummy, but eating such diet's regularly will not only get you fat and unhealthy, who knows what long term repercussions can be by eating so much of these unnatural corn...

Wife makes her own lattes regularly so we buy organic milk... we also get organic free range eggs too..., but I don't think we can afford to buy grass fed organic beef regularly... only once in a while... anyway, just everything in moderation and be thankful that we're not starving I guess!

I was an hour early for work Sunday.

I had been covering the guy on back half of the weeks hours. The first alarm I have set went off to wake me up and I guess I assumed it was the main one. Just got ready and went. Didn't realize I was early until I was through the gate at work.

Stopped and verified overtime wasn't canceled then said see ya in an hour as I left. Came home grabbed the ham from the fridge and took it and other stuff to my sister. Visited with her and mom for about an hour.

We started selling romaine again this past Monday. On Wednesday(my shortest route/day of the week) I wore myself out explaining to people why they were paying $50+ for a case of Iceberg lettuce(24 naked heads, if you want it wrapped add $15/case). Because of the Romaine shortage everyone was substituting Iceberg or any other lettuce they could get their hands on. This caused existing stocks on iceberg to dwindle, which drove up the price. Explaining supply & demand at every stop can really try your patience. My next to last stop of the day was probably my most favorite because while he wanted to know why he was paying $57.95 for Iceberg and $58.95 for Green Leaf Lettuce, he had no concept of what romaine lettuce was and had no idea of the e. coli scare. My most infuriating stop of the day was at a Jimmy Johns. They balked at paying $39/cs(which was $13-15 cheaper than other customers) because their area manager has a deal worked out with Meijer(a regional chain) to buy Iceberg for $20/cs.
    As I was leaving that customer, but before I walked out the door, I called my people to let them know about the problem. By the time I got back four hours later the info hadn't made it the twenty feet from the desk of the person I had spoken to to the owner of the company. When I told the owner about what had happened he said he hoped they reordered from us because then he'd charge them $60/cs for their Iceberg.
    I am definitely in favor of regulations concerning food safety. This shit is a nightmare waiting to happen and if it keeps happening it will do nothing but kill off the small companies, like the one I work for.

What a crazy mess for sure...

But I didn’t know that your customers have no clue how much they’ll pay for your goods until you show up at their doors? Or they’re just taking it out on you?

You’re just delivering, right? Why do you have to talk to them about pricing? Would that be like me complaining to UPS/mailman that Amazon is ripping me off with their pricing?

Billy/i, I work for a produce wholesaler. The prices fluctuate by the week. And while they are complaining about the prices, I am just giving them a heads up on the situation/making conversation.
    Whenever there is a problem with (insert fruit or vegetable here) the market will react accordingly and our suppliers raise their prices, which means we raise our prices, and then our customers might/might not raise their prices.
    Crazy thing is that romaine is now the cheapest lettuce on the market. It is also being labeled to show where it was grown and when it was harvested.