Page 392 of 679 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 6790

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Thanks. Goal now is to just maintain where I am at. I came to my senses and realized that anything under 200 is a bit of a stretch.

My Grand Prix tickets have arrived! Whoop!

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post

Holy hell. You have 50% more miles on your bike tires than I do with my car
    They are km, not miles, so it might not be that bad.
    Ok, it is about what I got on my last car tyres (but won't get on this set)
    And way more than I get on the bike (where I sometimes wear out the fronts quicker than the rears!)

Full Face motorcycle helmets are technically illegal in Louisana

They fall under a law that says you can't wear a mask of any sort except for during Mardi Gras, Halloween or for religious reasons. I believe its an old law that got put into place to limit the KKKs activities in the state.

Oh and by the way, Louisiana is a helmet law state. Meaning that a helmet is mandatory.

Shouldn't that be in the epic fail thread?

This rant is almost a week late, which I guess means it didn't bother me nearly as much afterwards as it did at the time, but here goes anyway:

If there's an annual Easter Egg hunt for kids that begins at a neighborhood park at 7:30 AM on the Saturday morning before Easter, and...

If you live outside the neighborhood and your child is invited to come join the fun with school friends at their 7:30 AM Easter Egg hunt...

It is NOT okay for you and your family to show up at your child's friend's parents' house (people you haven't met yet), ring the doorbell at 6:50 AM, and expect everyone to be awake, dressed, have coffee and breakfast ready, and be glad to see you.

Militant early-birds are just as bad as people who are chronically late.

As a habitual early-bird ("if you're early, you're on time!"), I can safely say that showing up 40 minutes early is excessive.
    Whoomah!

Definitely not cool, in the context of making it a pre-7am arrival time.

Our new place has a steet light on the power pole in our back yard that is extra on our power bill. It was not working when we bought the place. Lori and I agreed that if we are paying for it, it better work. Lori called the power company to fix it. They sent someone out to replace the bulb and, man, it is bright; bright enough that our neighbours complained to the power company. A tech called this morning to ask when he could install a shield on it so it does not shine on the neighbours. Lori told them to just remove the light instead.