Page 604 of 606 FirstFirst ... 104504554594602603604605606 LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,040 of 6055

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

One of us, one of us, one of us!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Hilarious outcome

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    The instructor failed him for the dumbest reason possible: he wasn't aggressive enough.
    Apparently there is a bit of a schtick in Ontario these days for failing drivers on their G for being "too cautious".

Another person claimed the evaluation was "too cautious". (From memory, of course).

Rather than saying either of "too cautious" or "not aggressive enough", I think it would be more prudent of the instructors/examiners to use "too timid".

The term "(less) timid" does not imply you should ignore considerations of caution; perhaps you need to re-evaluate your notion of caution to encompass more elements, which apparently include creating accident situations through confusion, and impeding traffic. Similarly, "too timid" does not suggest you should engage in "aggressive driving" (which actually is an offense).

Well whatever the case it doesn't matter now. He went and passed his G test today and is a fully licensed driver. The whole filing a complaint thing about the previous instructor is just too much of a headache and not worth the effort. What irritates me is the cost of the road test. It was $10 back in 1992 when I did it. Now it's $90. I heard it used to be $90 one time, then $10 each time you have to retake it. Now it's $90 per retake as well. But whatever it's done now, he passed. It's a huge relief.

Next year my daughter will go for her G1 learner's license. That'll be exciting. Not for insurance though.

That's good news. Congratulations.

I take it the G2 remains valid for the remaining year. I guess perhaps insurance penalizes you for having G2 drivers? How soon can the G test be taken.

But, um, hopefully the licensed DriveTest centres do not get a direct cut of any of those fees, but work on constant payments. Otherwise there would seem to be a conflict-of-interest which might encourage them to deliberately fail tests. (Conceptually one could try to find another centre to do the second test?)

I can imagine it is not worth the hassle. A generalized complaint to your MPP might be easier, and might be more useful. Especially if the word "aggressive" had been used. Because aggressive really refers to taking things which are beyond your right. (What sort of written transcript of the test results do you get, by-the-way?) But likely such a complaint, even in writing, would mostly be ignored.

Eventually I will probably be required to take some road test because of my age.

I would consider seeing if I can take a lesson or two to bone me up. I'm sure I've got a bunch of bad habits, and perhaps they'd actually advise on the "too cautious" thing. My Dad needed a special test to drive with only his right leg; they failed him for insufficient shoulder-checks--which is the sort of thing you acquire over the years. His brain and mine keep good mental models of the surroundings, and he thought possibly he also had made checks, but hadn't made them obvious enough. But perhaps they didn't like the idea of him driving normal (automatics) with only one leg...

But then I think my mother gets by with occasional "review classes" and written tests only.

Do you (or can you) use your own car for your tests?
    Last edited by SportWagon; July 25th, 2022 at 12:27 PM.

One leg shouldn't be a big hassle.
    I have a friend with one arm, he uses a screw on handle on the wheel so he can rotate it all the way without releasing.

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    That's good news. Congratulations.

I take it the G2 remains valid for the remaining year. I guess perhaps insurance penalizes you for having G2 drivers? How soon can the G test be taken.
    Thanks. This was actually the G test. He did G2 back in 2018.

Don't know where I posted it, but in Feb 2019 I was rear ended, while riding my motorcycle. Sitting at a controlled left turn, watching my mirrors, glancing up at the light often, but eyes on mirrors. Green light, BANG, smashed by an SUV.

Driver admitted fault. Admitted looking at their phone. Open and shut case, right?

Wrong.

Thankfully, after all this time I terrific headaches, and I have torn discs in L4 and L5 of my spine and because i was a decent shape, I present as "normal." Even the MRIs, xrays and other scans don't seem to show anything really bad, other than 2 discs that are completely dehydrated.
    Anyway, been in intense pain the whole time. Had a several injections in the area, which were bloody marvelous, but really only lasted 3- 5 months before the effect wore off. Doc said "we're going to have to do a fusion (disc replacement with titanium rods connecting the vertebrae above and below the disc.) Me, "um, yeah, we're gonna try everything before we do that, i'll even go to a witchdoctor" Saw a doctor that does stem cells and he reckons im a great candidate for it. But, ... stem cells are considered an elective, so the insurance company of the lady that struck me can refuse to pay for it. Decided to go to court; i'm NOT going to do fusion without trying everything I can first because once you do it, you can't undo it. And i'd rather try the stem cells first.

Anyway, because the statute of limitations in Texas is two years we had to sue to maintain it. We are finally about to go to court, not this week but the week after.

We went to mediation where they offered $245k for the case. Sounds like a lot, right? Wrong. That's for the entire case, not to me. I have $165k in medical bills, $110k in legal, $50k in lost wages, etc etc. That $245k will only pay the medical and legal (the medical bills can be negotiated down.) So the lawyer is pushing hard for me to take the settlement. Because jurors in this county are notorious for being stingy with verdicts/ settlements. Even though it will do very little to restitute me for any lost wages, future medical costs, or pain and suffering. Um, yeah bud, I can't do that. Let's go to court. Easy decision, right. Hold on, the sordid tale is not over.

So, get this; <you're probably going to want to take a seat> ... we are not allowed to mention insurance at all during the trial!!! We, cannot mention that the lady has $300k in insurance, and that they offered $240k. Can't mention, hint, allude to it, anything. So, they are going to think i'm maliciously suing this poor church going lady for $500k out of greed or malice or some shit. Texas has some fucked up laws.

I'm basically going to get royally screwed! Royal gangba g might be more accurate. In two weeks i'm going to owe over $200k in medical and legal bills, and i'll still have a fucked up back. Or I may be lucky and actually get a decent decision. Unlikely, but it's possible.

But, in my mind, it's better to try and fail, and even get a lower verdict than the mediated offer, than to take the definite pile of shit offer that was given.

It's so ridiculous that you kinda have to laugh at it. Except it's not funny at all!!! Mi vida esta jodida.

i've been depressed about this forever and i'm finally talking to a therapist about it. I had to wait because I only have a limited number of visits I can have with a therapist. I've been waiting and coping this entire time, and now that it's crunch time i have a professional to talk to about it.

Anyway, that's been going on. I'm so distressed by it all. Get fucked up in the accident and get fucked again at the trial that is supposed to actually compensate restore me.
    Last edited by neanderthal; August 5th, 2022 at 08:08 PM.

Maybe you should get a 2nd opinion from another lawyer? How can an opened and shut case be this difficult?

Anyway, best I can do is to pray that you get a just compensation! Good luck! Actually you donít need luck Ö wish you Justice and peace!

I remember you posting about it. Sorry its been such a tough road since.

Is it possible to sue the insurance company as well... like co-defendants. You probably couldn't mention the amount of cover, but at least it would be obvious that its the insurance company that is paying.