Page 429 of 675 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439479529 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen596 View Post
    Turns out Pee Wee Herman is one of the Hollywood men who could keep his hands to himself.

I see what you did there.

[golf clap]

Well played sir.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    (it was posted elsewhere)

Yeah i originally saw it on Reddit but figured it deserved a posting here as well.

I found an old iPhone that looks like it was shot out of a cannon. I plugged it into my charger and, by some miracle, it still works. With no security code it was no problem to go into the mail app and get the owner's e-mail address. Scary that I have access to a bunch of her personal data. Because I am a gentleman, I did not look through any of her stuff. I just got her e-mail. However, I could not help but see she has 2,500 unread messages.

Massively scaled back facebook today, trying my best to not use it. Un-followed everything, un-liked everything, disabled Newsfeed. Stayed on so people can get a hold of me and still have Messenger. Was getting worried about what it was doing to my brain, my attention span, my inability to focus. Plenty of studies done already, and all of them scarily coming true for me--the need to check every 30 seconds, the endorphin rush from getting Likes and comments, the need to reply and comment on things that no one's gonna read anyway... The need to constantly scroll down the Newsfeed all day long. Here's hoping it works.

Facebook can be incredibly depressing, I use it a lot less than I used to. The fact is, most people only share their positive moments online... which makes it seem like everyone else is living perfect lives, which can be hard to see all the time.

I've withdrawn from Facebook almost entirely. I use it mostly to communicate with my classmates. I never once made a post about my Mustang, track days, and now the DMC. I just don't see the point, everyone cares about their own shit, why would I burden other people with mine?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I only follow about 3-4 people of my 300 friends on there and mostly use it to follow news feeds of groups I'm interested in....rarely post stuff of my own unless it's really important.

Never had any interest in FB. I was off the internet for about three years in the 2000s decade. When I left, there were forums like these and mailing lists and other fairly anonymous places to hang out. When I returned, everyone was on MySpace and Facebook and LinkedIn and wherever else with their real identities, photos of themselves and their families, and other very personal information posted for the whole world to see. I realize the irony of posting here with my real first name but not wanting to be on FB, but I figure prospective employers and others looking for information about me won't find it here, whereas FB is like a giant flashing neon arrow pointing to you. No thanks.