Page 566 of 674 FirstFirst ... 66466516556564565566567568576616666 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 6739

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

I don't like diving nor hooligans.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    It's Coming Rome.
    That's what she said!

I'm happy that my legacy is living on here.

I admit to being a luddite in a lot of areas of life. Yet I keep current with ever-evolving office technology, since I work in one. And, while I'll grant that 25 years or so is just a drop in the bucket in earth's history, it should be sufficient time for most folks to have at least heard of email and how it works.

I have a colleague in another office whom I've met before. She's not an "old lady". She might be younger than me for all I know. She is certainly not at retirement age or beyond. However, while everyone else in that office scans documents to me from their office copier/scanner, this person always mails me the same kinds of documents in large manila envelopes. I'll get a page or two of paper, unfolded, in a manila envelope with a metal latch on the back that costs more to mail than the same paper folded and put into a smaller, letter-sized envelope. What others send me in a minute via email takes a few days to arrive in the mail from across the country.

I've sort of chuckled to myself about this, since it doesn't happen very often and the documents she sends me are rarely anything urgent. Well, this morning I received something urgent. It came in FedEx envelope containing just two pieces of paper. Each has a post-it note attached with instructions.

I really want to say something, but I guess I'll continue to grin and bear it.

Knowing and using email is perhaps distinct from knowing the intricacies and possible pitfalls of emailing images or PDFs

Myself, if I wanted to get an image to you, I'd probably post it as a URL on a private cloud server. Scanning is something I'd need to refamiliarize myself with doing. And it has its own intricacies and pitfalls ahead of the emailing, too...

Scanning to e-mail is just a regular e-mail with a physical button, though.

Most copier/scanners these days have a field in which to type an email address and you can save addresses to an address book. I might not think as much of it if others in her office weren't sending stuff to me like that almost daily.

But, like most things I post about, this isn't anything important - just a random observation.

Nashville was nice for the first two months. Seven months into that "two-month" contract, I miss Whataburger and I want to go home.

But you can get legit Nashvegas Hot Chicken any day of the week.

Never get between a texan and his whattaburger. I don't even begin to understand, but they seem to love it.
    -Formerly Stabulator