Page 439 of 675 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489539 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Rant of the moment:

The next time a cashier tries to hand me my change and receipt in a stack with the receipt on the bottom, bills on top of that, and then a pile of change precariously balanced on top, I'm going to stop and say, "No. Let me teach you how to do this the right way, since obviously NO ONE EVER HAS. The change comes first so I don't drop it. Then bills. And then that ridiculously long receipt for just one or two items."

I have never said this to a cashier, but I have been wanting to do so for a long time. Today was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I think some of these people must have been dropped on their heads as babies. Sheesh.

Well, at least they're working. Or trying to.

I think I it should be bills, receipt, then coins. I can see why she did what she did.

Then again, you should just go cashless whenever you can. #octopus #contactless

When you have a wonderful life partner (spouse) being away from them for a significant amount of time sucks. Lori has been gone six weeks already and she won't be back for three more weeks.

Sorry, Cam. Ash and I have/do spend a lot of time apart. It's something that I thought would get easier with age, but it doesn't. I was musing at some Afghanistan assignments that popped up at my agency and job series that would send me over there for another year and would be lucrative. It's not worth it, to me, anymore. I'd rather just be home.

I also think it's a lot easier to be the one that leaves than the one left behind. You're a good husband in supporting her.

George, feel happy that she knew how to make correct change.

I assumed people were taught to do that because the coins hold down the money/receipt in case of wind, etc...

Yeah, in my opinion, it is not a marriage/partnership if you are not together. I know a married couple who live in different countries. He lives in California and she lives in British Columbia. When Lori and I were engaged, I lived in Prince Edward Island and she lived in California. We did this for a year. I was so depressed that I would start crying if I heard a song that reminded me of her.

Yeah, dodint, I don't know how military families do it. Tough. You have my respect.

PS4 and around here.

NTSC DVD is a no go.

Inscrutable as always, mk!

Bah. You guys who want the change on top of the bills are clearly demented.

Here's the current, problematic process just about everywhere lately:

1. Hand over some folding money

2. Pick up purchased items in one hand, turn toward the direction of the exit, and reach back with the other hand open, palm up to receive change.

3. Receive unwieldy pyramid of paperwork with scattering of coins on top that cannot be contained with one hand alone.

That's not how it used to work. Cashiers used to put the coins in your hand, and then count back the bills, and then offer a small, reasonably-sized receipt. This way, the coins were securely in your palm before the greenbacks landed. Sometimes I'd even have time to slam-dunk the coins in a front pocket and then shoot my hand back up to grab the bills while they were still being counted.

Now they hand you three feet of receipt, two and a half of which are filled with nonsense about filling out online surveys and winning prizes, when in fact what they want is clueless rubes who will key in their own personal information directly into the corporation's database. Then they pile the bills on top, sticking out in every direction, and then pour coins all over the pile, like hot fudge over a sundae.

I tell ya, I need to find a friend of questionable scruples to start up the old "wrong bill" scam again. In addition to not understanding how gravity works, many cashiers I see these days stuff the customers' bill(s) right into the drawer first, and then start making change.

They'll be the rubes now, once I get screw up my courage enough to get my grift on again: "Hey, I gave you a twenty. You're giving me change for a ten!"

You guys know that scam, right - with the accomplice and a $20 with a phone number or some other identifiable things written on it? Good times.