Page 462 of 675 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512562 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Almost the same as Leon. House got sold out from under us twice, so when the second owners (my cousin) decided to sell, we ended up just buying a house instead (not the one we were in, as it was a bit crappy).

It's happening a LOT in NZ now with the 'housing crisis' (shitty homes full of borer, mould, holes in walls etc are selling for a million dollars plus in Auckland). Everyone's house values have increased (ours has gone up over 100k in only three years).
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; May 14th, 2018 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    That's something I always worry about. Especially living where I do in South Florida, and getting what is, relatively, a pretty good rate.

To get what I have now (garage, good neighborhood, kinda nice water view, close to work, large dog friendly), I should be paying at least $200 more a month.
    I kind of knew I was getting a good deal at £520 per month but looking around has just reinforced it. Minimum £100 extra for a house round here.

2-3

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    If you haven't heard among the maker community, the queen of shi**y robots and Tested.com contributor, Simone Giertz is having major surgery today to remove a golf ball sized tumor behind her eye. It's supposed to take around 10-12 hours.

She is an amazingly unique person even among makers, and I love her sense of humor through all of this....here's to hoping for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

People are sending well wishes to her twitter: @SimoneGiertz

The other day at trivia, the halftime question was to make four of the first ten recipients of the Mark Twain American comedy award. Of the several names mentioned, I wrote down Richard Pryor. It was questioned, and I defended it. The questioning continued.

"There's no way I'm taking Richard Pryor off this list." One or two people laughed, I just stared at the people who were questioning it. Slightly awkward silence followed.

The only one we got right was Richard Pryor.

update:

Simone Giertz @SimoneGiertz

Simone is out of surgery and her doctors are very pleased with how everything went. She woke up long enough to make an inappropriate joke... so things are looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    The only one we got right was Richard Pryor.

Every time I read a certain person's posts here, I imagine this headline:

"Osmium no longer the densest material on earth"

Me: "I deleted that e-mail."
    Wife: "You delete e-mail?"

sometimes I have fun trying to predict what will happen in the next 10-20 years...recently there's been news about trying to ban plastic forks, straws, bags, etc.

So I'm wondering if we're going to get to a point where we all just carry backpacks around that have a number of re-useable supplies on our own and just wash them in specified places.

So a utility bag or backpack that everyone carries, I wonder what other kind of supplies that would include?