Page 441 of 672 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Bark bark bark!
    Our next door neighbors have two Schnauzers that I detest. The couple that lives there is cool, but I have to wonder why they keep those dogs. When they're in their back yard and I or anyone in my family steps out into our back yard, they bark non-stop until dragged into the house (and bravo for their humans for bringing them in). It sort of pisses me off that I'm in MY yard and not THEIR yard and am getting barked at. Bark if I step over the line, but until then, shaddap!

But what makes me feel sorry for the couple is they have a narrow, vertical glass window about one dog wide beside their front door. Sometimes when I'm on the sidewalk or street in front of that house, I can see and hear the dogs pushing and shoving and jumping over each other to get in front for the best view, and the whole time both are barking like crazy.

I don't know how the people who own those dogs can stand it inside the house every time someone walks by.

When he's in the yard, my dog barks at people in the alley, and in the yards next to us if he hasn't been pet by said people before.

He'll also bark at people walking past out front if we've got the front window open. Car doors being closed will cause him to either let out a low growl or gruff.

The passive aggressive solution is to wait until the neighbors aren't home and slip a bark collar in their mailbox.

My partial nutjob ex wife is now splitting from her Muslim husband who moved from Morocco. After having two kids with him. So she's now up to 6 kids in total, from four different fathers. She's now over 40 and, I get the impression, still doesn't know what she wants. That and I think she likes babies.
    Last edited by Alan P; February 1st, 2018 at 04:20 PM.

This seems like a trainwreck you're well rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    My partial nutjob ex wife is now splitting from her Muslim husband who moved from Morocco. After having two kids with him. So she's not up to 6 kids in total, from four different fathers. She's now over 40 and, I get the impression, still doesn't know what she wants. That and I think she likes babies.
    Shit like this is why I'm ok with being single and no kids.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    This is why I have cats, and a girlfriend that doesn't even consider kids (that and we're both in our 40s).

Got a call Weds morning from my aunt in Missouri telling me that my uncle was in the hospital with heart failure. Got another call Weds. night with more details about his condition. Since he doesn't have contact with either of his sons I volunteered to pass the info along, which I did. Got a call yesterday afternoon from my aunt saying she was waiting on test results to see whether or not he could come home or not("with restrictions"). Got a call last night saying that he was home. Passed the news along to my cousins, unsure whether or not they got in touch with him or not. Pretty sure my uncle's restrictions will be no working and no smoking. Given my family's history of following others "recommendations", anything is possible.
    The most impressive thing out of this is probably my aunt. She is basically wheel chair bound, they live an hour from Joplin(where the hospital is), and the closest family is in Kansas City. She was able to drive herself back and forth without a hitch. Though I'm pretty sure she was livid when she was told to go home because there was nothing they could do that day and as soon as she got home she got a call telling her to come back because he might be able to go home.
    Main thing is if you aren't close with your parents/siblings, at least make an effort to check up on them if you get news that they're in the hospital.

Dang, hope he listens, Rich.

Yesterday I had to explain the subtle difference between someone that is on the spectrum and someone that grew up overweight and thinks personal attacks are part of normal and accepted behavior because that's how they were treated by so many people for so much of their life.