Page 537 of 675 FirstFirst ... 37437487527535536537538539547587637 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

No it was great!

Good!

Thanks to a stupid virus, you now get to have great pizza and great quality time with family!

Dang, sandy. Glad you guys are OK.

Thanks man. Looking back it wasn’t that huge a deal. Glad I kept my wits about me.

Ovens are quite sturdy and capable of withstanding small fires. Had it spread outside the oven and begin to engulf the stove itself, then I was ready to push the whole damn thing out the door and hose it down.

Well done man. Whenever a friend of mine buys a house, I always supply them with a housewarming gift of ....a fire extinguisher.

I've gotten a few looks from it, but people usually really like it as a gift overall.

This will sound sexist, and honestly I don't care. But I have noticed women will usually get hysterical about a situation turning bad, instead of noticing what's going wrong, and what needs to be handled to prevent something from getting worse.

It may just be my sample size of experience, but that's what I have noticed.

I amazes me that people don't have a couple of extinguishers around their home, especially in the kitchen. I still think it's not a part of the building code here, for residential that is. Unless you have an oil furnace, go figure.

My sample size is Lori. She is freaked out by critters in the house. That time we had the rat in the apartment, she was literally screaming hysterically. She calls for me any time she sees a cockroach or spider to come take care of it. I'm like, "You believe yourself to be a strong, independent woman. Take care of it yourself." Although, she was nonplussed about bears we would see in the Sierra Nevadas. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    My sample size is Lori. She is freaked out by critters in the house. That time we had the rat in the apartment, she was literally screaming hysterically. She calls for me any time she sees a cockroach or spider to come take care of it. I'm like, "You believe yourself to be a strong, independent woman. Take care of it yourself." Although, she was nonplussed about bears we would see in the Sierra Nevadas. *shrug*
    Lol. It is wild. My mom used to be terrified of snakes and other creepy crawlies. Now, she is a Docent at the zoo and handles various snakes for exhibits and shows (not allowed to touch) things like whistling cockroaches, etc.

Oh, my, Cam. How does she survive in SC with the waterbugs?

My daughter is terrified of any loose insects she sees in the house (like escaped crickets that are supposed to be frog food), but quite likes Thor, our bearded dragon lizard.IMG_20190818_200104.jpg