Page 565 of 674 FirstFirst ... 65465515555563564565566567575615665 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 6739

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

At least it feels like LA has an increase of road rage shootings lately…

I think most here are quite fortunate to be able to keep their jobs, but I can imagine there are also lots of folks not so lucky and being pushed to the fringe both emotionally and financially due to things caused by Covid…

Not excusing criminal behaviors, but we all need to be more careful… especially if you look Asian!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 6th, 2021 at 09:13 PM.

Yesterday 2 police cruisers descended on my driveway. Then 2 cops came out and approached my front door… I’m seeing all this because I’m working in my RV travel trailer on my driveway…

So I came out of my mobile office to ask the police what’s up?!?!?

Turned out that they just want to chat with me about my RV… not in any official capacity just asking me where I got it and how much and setup and stuff… apparently they are thinking about buying one or something…

The Asian cop also begged me to check out the inside and was really impressed…

I guess thankfully I’m not a drug dealer or hiding any bombs or drugs in it…

They were friendly cops, but their initial approach was kinda scary… imagine if I were black, I’d probably be afraid to come out to meet them.

I bought a '92 Toyota truck based 21' Itasca Spirit RV back in November, I've had a couple people who were just driving past ring my doorbell asking if I'd be willing to sell it. It also made a bit of a commotion at the Oregon DEQ (our smog testing), several people working there were curious about what engine it had, miles, how much I paid for it. RVs are hot these days!

Yeah, we got ours around end of last year too. We started looking around June but local dealers either doesn’t have anything or jacking up prices… luckily I found a Colorado dealer who still sell at reasonable prices and ended up being cheaper than CA dealers including shipping cost!

Anyway, so far we haven’t traveled anywhere yet other than short stays local parks… still in the process of training our cats to get use to it… hopefully they’ll get used to it soon because we’re relocating to Seattle during summer…

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Quarantine has taught me that I’m not mentally well, and I’ve been held together by the frayed strings and old tape that is basketball, traveling, and photography. Need to figure out how to be happy without activities that I enjoy.
    So yeah as a follow up on life…

About half a year or so after Caitlin and I started dating, she got breast cancer, the next ~1.5 years were going through treatments, and then when that ended a pandemic started. Then at some point last year, I got a really bad respiratory infection, apparently not the flu, and not COVID, so who knows what it was. My oxygen levels dropped pretty bad, breathing was pretty difficult, and energy levels tanked. This lasted for about a month in the “bad” stage, and lingered for about 3 or 4 months. Being “quarantined” and effectively not being able to do anything I enjoy, while also being around people all the time (yes, partners count as people, and it’s still draining for me), just put me in a bad place.

I ended things with Caitlin in March, and moved into my own place. Not her fault at all, she’s a great woman, I just… can’t do that much stress for that long, and not associate it with her. 6 months of good, and 30 months of bad, does not make for a great relationship foundation.

Having plenty of silence and alone time has been amazing. Also my energy levels and lung capacity slowly improved, to the point in April I started getting exercise again. Still not quite “right” but I’m a couple months from 40, so I don’t know if that will ever be the same haha. Jogs, elliptical machine, and most importantly, basketball can and does happen again. I’ve been going out on photo walks, and will likely be setting up shoots in the near future too. Things are a little lonely at times, but I’m figuring out I can handle a little loneliness from time to time A LOT better than I can handle prolonged stress.

All in all, most things are looking up. Job stability is in question though, since my main support contract runs out late summer I believe. Company likes me, but if there’s no one to charge my time to, there’s no one to charge my time to. Hopefully they’ll find somewhere for me when the time comes.

Don’t worry, the green new deal is coming!

Anyway, glad to know things are looking up!

No matter what happens, we gotta find ways to look up! I’m hearing way too many suicides or mass blow up shootings lately… hope everyone could find their ways regarding how to de-stress…

Sorry to hear your struggles, Jason.

^ Yup, me too. The good news is 40 is still pretty young as far as health and physical fitness go.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Randomly found this article about trying to identify a lottery winner in a small backwards town...so much to unpack

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=pocket-newtab

For the record, every state should allow lottery winners to remain anonymous. The fact that only 7 states allow that is crazy.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    It's Coming Rome.
    acket.