Page 430 of 672 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480530 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

I only use FB to see what my friends are up to. I don't "like" pages. I hide every content aggregator, every failblog, every BS LOL OMG this is funny, etc. web site as possible so I only see personal content. Yes, I only post positive things because who wants to hear about problems? I like to put smiles on peoples' faces not be a Debbie Downer.

Cam hates real talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Yes, I only post positive things because who wants to hear about problems? I like to put smiles on peoples' faces not be a Debbie Downer.
    Because it makes other people seem human and have faults as well, frankly. If all you see is how AMAZING and WONDERFUL everyone else's life is, while yours has imperfections, it makes you think that you suck at life. Is it logical? No. But it happens a lot, and it happens to me sometimes. I recognize it's not all that healthy for me, so I don't participate nearly as much as I used to.

Short article on what I'm talking about: https://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegw...nderstand-why/

Obviously if you don't have any mental weaknesses, this doesn't impact you. But for a great many, sites like Facebook can be a minefield.
    Last edited by Jason; December 28th, 2017 at 01:11 PM.

I will keep that in mind.

If it makes you feel better, we are ridiculously in credit card debt from building my workshop.
    Last edited by Cam; December 28th, 2017 at 02:55 PM.

I will clarify, I'm not telling you to specifically post negative things... just that posting negative things isn't necessarily bad, especially with people you consider friends.

Hopefully the debt works out in the spend money to make money way, you're doing some damned awesome work from what I've seen

Remember when everyone was like "how can facebook make money, it's free?!"

Yeah, those were the good 'ol days.

Now every 5 out of 6 things on the news feed is either and ad or some content stealing aggregator bullshit.

Usually my friends' posts are just reposts from instagram anyway.

Only thing I really find useful is certain groups. I'm in a couple for Superdukes, one for local 86/BRZs, and one specifically for the turbo kit I bought for my BRZ. They can be very helpful, and you can get answers to questions much quicker than forums, and usually clearer too.

Interesting thing about psychology.

The reason why people mostly put up positive things is to create a positive feeling environment to help cover up the deep sadness they may be feeling. They will read over the positive things to make the overall day feel more happy.

However, just like with drugs, once you have the happy on a regular basis, a general good day tastes more bland. Hence why you go back to it.

I use Facebook for the purpose of bs videos and staying up to date with my friends. I don't take it seriously.

How do you say, "My life is pretty good." without sounding like you're gloating?

I think you say "I have these good things happening, and these less than good things happening, but overall my life is pretty good."

Also, to be fair, the people who feel lesser than because of how well other people are doing are basically causing self-inflicting wounds. They should be teaching themselves, either personally or with professional/group help, to not compare themselves to the outward projection of others, whether positive or negative, but to only focus on that which fulfills them and deepens their connection with themselves and others. Anything else can usually be noticed and then dismissed, just as we dismiss so many other things for so many reasons every day of our lives.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; December 29th, 2017 at 11:08 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Only thing I really find useful is certain groups. I'm in a couple for Superdukes, one for local 86/BRZs, and one specifically for the turbo kit I bought for my BRZ. They can be very helpful, and you can get answers to questions much quicker than forums, and usually clearer too.
    They can be useful, but I think they've done more harm than good.

#1, good information for car repairs/upgrades/etc is lost to the ether of the internet. A forum is a far superior place to archive and search for this stuff. It helps a lot more people, especially those who aren't super into that specific car or area of interest at the right time to catch the good info. [Related, one of my pet peeves is getting promising Google results for a car problem on a forum, only to see the OP never updates the thread with the solution.]

#2, with FB groups it's hard to have the right balance between tumbleweeds and too many people resulting in extraneous chat that distracts from the good information.

I think FB groups are best for meetups and such. They've done a lot of harm to forums I think.