Page 151 of 675 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

That's a good one. I am going to remember that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    Was offered sex tomorrow morning. Just turned it down. WTF?
    Well, it depends who it was with. If it was with someone hot of your preferred gender and with no strings attached, then yeah, you probably need to take some zinc and hit the gym.

I recommend less soy milk.

I realize that bellyaching about spam email is as "nineties" as AOL discs arriving in the mail, but I've found a new reason to hate spam. This has probably been around for a long time, but it's new to me.

I don't care about spam to my personal email address. One click and it's deleted. And that's true at work, too, but this new twist on spam is pissin' me dahell off!

I work in several high-volume "shared" email boxes at work and we get all kinds of mass-mailed crap from companies we do business with - new product announcements, "come see us in Booth 5719 at the upcoming Trade Show", "visit our FaceBook page!", "open house next Saturday with free hot dogs", and so on.

Many of these have an Unsubscribe link in fine print at the bottom, and I usually take a second to do that before deleting the invoice, just to help keep the mailboxes clean. Most of the time it goes right to a website that says something like, "You have been unsubscribed from our mailing list." Cool. Very nice of them.

But some go to an "Update Your Email Preferences" site, where they want all kinds of information - first and last name, EMAIL ADDRESS (which they already have!), physical address, phone numbers, and on and on. It looks like there's a link to proceed to some next page, but first, ya gotta give them all your information!

So, I just delete those emails, but I just wanted to say to those involved with this kind of info-gathering spam, YOU PEOPLE SUCK!

I wouldn't take the time to unsubscribe. For every company that actually does it, another one waits a year then automatically resubscribes you and another one just sells your information - which they can no longer use - to someone who can. I just set up a new rule and junk those people directly. Maybe if I'm bored I go through the junk mail folder to see if there's something interesting, but mostly I just periodically empty it. Keeps my inbox free from useless crap.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Am I the only person still hoping for JPM to achieve the triple crown of motorsport?
    acket.

I forget what that is...

On another note. Why when i am trying to completely forget someone their name is suddenly everywhere?

For years i have never run into this name until them and its suddenly everywhere. Sales people, the share a coke with xxxxxx bottles random youtube videos.

is it jusy noticing it or is there a conspiracy and i should put a tin foil haton?

Indy 500, Monaco, and 24h du Mans.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Am I the only person still hoping for JPM to achieve the triple crown of motorsport?
    That would be pretty neat, but I don't see DPs competing at LM any time soon.
    Whoomah!

Hope he does it at some point. Would be cool.

for some reason my brain was saying Indy Dayonta and F1 champion.

That's the Andretti Triple Crown.
    Whoomah!