Page 3 of 672 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Thanks to our extreme cold, the washers in the building next to mine (same property company for my building and the two north of me) had their pipes freeze up and make them inoperable.

I went to sleep with water seeping from above my bedroom window (which has happened before without major incident), and woke up to water dripping from above said window, the bedroom and bedroom closet light fixtures, and the doorway. A gutter was frozen from the blizzard followed by extreme cold, and today it got up to mid 30F with steady rain. I placed buckets and went to a laundromat (since my attempts to do so in the building failed the previous day).

While I was gone, the bucket on my bed tipped over, so my mattress has pretty much been ruined with nasty water that snaked through the top two stories of the building.

Wanna Fight?
    Ugh. I'd have placed the bucket on a slab of some description rather than just standing on the mattress. Hindsight and all...

I think Jason has experience with dripping ceiling/windows and dealing with said landlords.

Don't take his advice.

At work this morning the terminal manager handed keys to a driver and told him to go to the Ryder yard next door where we park our trucks and bring that truck back. While I'm in the yard getting my truck for the day I see the other driver get into a truck for another company and proceed to drive it over to our terminal. When I get back I find the manager and ask him if that other company is part of ours now, he gives me a weird look and I show him the truck outside. The other driver was kind of confused, even when the manager pointed out the other company's logo on the door. So he then drove the truck back and brought the right truck back.

The other driver was told to bring back truck 100(which has our company logo on it), but he didn't see that truck and instead saw truck 1000(with another company's logo on the door), so he used the keys for 100 to unlock and start 1000. That means that both trucks are keyed the same.

ive read that a lot of the major truck makers only use a handful of various key cuts. one of the points made by the person who wrote what i saw was that if you drive for a particular company and get locked out see if you can find another driver from your company and try his key, chances are good it'll work.

Best theft deterrent system= manual transmission

Pretty sure it's actually a sack of cobras in the passenger seat. YMMV.

trunk monkey and/or owning a terrible car no one wants.

Would have thought Red Bull and donuts would be a fantastic breakfast, but I was wrong. Very wrong.

My daily breakfast is two apples and a cup of black coffee. That usually keeps my going all day.