Page 399 of 675 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

The On-call guy had "things to do"? Isn't the whole point of being on-call that you nee to be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Dang, I hope you are getting overtime.
    Time and a quarter after 45 hrs.

His "things to do" probably included getting drunk as fuck.

Time and a quarter? Wtf is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen596 View Post
    I was gonna laugh at that craziness then I learned my OT rate is only $5 more than my base rate because I'm nearing the cap.

I was going to be off the Sunday and Monday of Memorial Day weekend, but they're cancelling one day off for everyone that weekend, including my Sunday night. Sunday night for Monday on my midnight shift would be a paid holiday anyway, so with that night getting cancelled, I'm getting 8.5 hours at time and a half, and some penalty for them cancelling my holiday off means that I get 20 hours of compensatory time as well.

But I have one of those evil government sector unions.

Some weird OT rules. Company i work for is 1.5x for 5th and 6th days and 7th is 2x. applies to all hourly employees no matter location on pay scale.

In other job news my completely hands off till you screw up and get them called out manager is rumored to be leaving for a spot in California next month. I hope its true with the caveat that the replacement be one of the people who knows how to actually do all the jobs the spot manages. I'd like to be able to go to my manager and actually get valid answers instead of super defensive accusations and demands that you do your job properly.
    Last edited by Drachen596; May 22nd, 2017 at 02:52 AM.

Overtime? What's that?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    A few months ago at my job, they hired someone to do one of our simpler tasks where we connect to a system and fix file corruption. A lot of employees start doing that job before moving on to the other helpdesk stuff.

Well this guy is terrible. He's very old, like in his late 70's, can barely hear anything, forgets things constantly and the other employees have to constantly monitor him to make sure he doesn't screw something up. Several of us have told management that this isn't the job for him and since he's a temp, should be easy to "allow him to find work elsewhere".

I sat across from him for a few months and it was really bad. I told one of the supervisors who just yelled at me for bringing it up. Now, one of our best employees in that area just left because he's tired of babysitting the other guy.

So, to the supervisor I say:

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen596 View Post
    It's called a compromise between time and a half after forty and nothing at all. At my last job it was all straight time, sixty hours of straight time every week is meh. The OT pay is one of the main reasons I took this job.

Found out more about the on call situation from Saturday. The on call guy with "things to do" had actually put in for the day off a few weeks ago and the guy who makes the schedule(the owner) totally forgot about it. So he was supposed to have been off and I was supposed to have been on call. Either way when I got back today I got a $20 gift card to the retail market. And the driver who got hurt is still hurting but refuses to fill out an accident report and go to the clinic to get it looked at.

Around here the law is next 2h +50%, rest +100%, weekly overtime is +50%.

Usually union contracts have better weekly stuff, like saturday 6h +50%, +100% rest, sunday +200%.
    Due the progressive taxation and its paying practices no fulltimer does weekends for +50%.
    For any good it's still long saturday or both days.

No idea how practicalities are today but if it's not paid when you leave you can sue and win.

Taxation is also changing to real time from yearly stuff.
    Last time they changed it big the stuff was late or someway otherway for several years.