Page 422 of 672 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    I'm an uncle! Sister just gave birth to a 6.something lb baby boy.

She also named him Richard, after the grandfather I've talked a lot about. Very appropriate.

(And also, people might stfu about me having a kid, finally.)

Somehow I've been lucky, none of my relatives ever bothered me about getting married or having kids, which I'm very thankful for.

Congrats, Tiger.

I just made a fool of myself at Walmart. I went there to buy a computer, (don’t laugh), and found a nice Acer desktop and monitor. Upon being cashed out, the girl told me there were environmental fees for the electronics - $1.40 for the computer and $7.00 for the monitor. She uttered it as “one forty and seven”, which I interpreted as $140 and $7. I was completely flabbergasted, and told her, with much disgust in my voice, to cancel it. Cancelling the transaction required the presence of a manager, which caused a delay in the line, and an inaudible groan from the guy behind me, coupled with a funny look. I had some gum and bagels in the cart as well, and paid for those. As I walked away I looked at the receipt, which showed the reversed charges, and instantly felt like the cheapest fucker on the planet. Making a fuss over $1.40. I went back to the cashier and explained my misunderstanding, and while she didn’t appear to be amused, (probably tired), she cashed me out without issue.

I now have a new computer.

That's on her. I would have thought the same thing.

I used to hate that when I worked in a phone center. When people would rattle off numbers individually with the hundred, tens, and ones separately.

I also used to type too fast when someone was saying eighty (80) eight (8) or something. Always typing the 80 before waiting to see if there was a second number.

Since then I've starting saying each number on it's own when reading it off to people. eight, eight, seven, four.

That was my job in the military. Sending/receiving grid coordinates over the radio for where to drop bombs. Don't fuck up.

Congrats tiger. I have a buddy whose mother is constantly harassing him to get married and have a kid. It happens so much It pisses me off.

Luckily, my parents aren't in a rush.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Since then I've starting saying each number on it's own when reading it off to people. eight, eight, seven, four.
    I've noticed cashiers doing this lately when announcing the price and counting back change. Most who I've noticed doing this don't appear to be native English speakers. That's not a judgement, just an observation. It's probably safer to speak each number separately when learning the language, such as "three four three" for $3.43.

I discuss dollar amounts on the phone at work occasionally and I generally pronounce numbers as I was taught in school. $7403.07 would be "seven thousand, four hundred three dollars and seven cents." I notice a zero in the tens column (or higher) can cause confusion, such as in the example below of "four hundred three dollars". Sometimes people will say, "could you please repeat that?" if it's a number like $7403 or $10,085 ("ten thousand, eighty-five dollars").

Oh, and you Brits who say things like "double-two, triple-eight five" need to stop this practice immediately.

My family gave up on the marriage / kids thing when I consistently didn't date for my entire 20's

It is a sad day for penguin and anime lovers in Japan.....Grape-kun has passed

https://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/10/...y-at-tobu-zoo/

Week 8 of overtime. 7 days every week but one. Its getting to me and thankfully the guy who was chosen for the other half of the week is learning quickly.

I will still have probably 2 more weeks training him at least. Then to train a second person as a back up if one of us calls off sick.

Light at the end of the tunnel. As of now it doesnt seem like its a train but with the management where I work that is still a possibility.

Biggest positive is 7 day checks are close in gross to my normal monthly net take home. Retirement fund is bumped to take advantage and get full company match.

working on my huge (TOP SECRET for a few more weeks) 3D printer project...I decided to finally get the Adobe CC suite for $50 a month...20+ programs including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator....etc.

Honestly I've practically never used any of these before (I have an old Paint Shop Pro which has served me well for a LONG time), and finding out how powerful After Effects is specifically, it's a lot of fun...just need my computer to keep up...will probably be upgrading in a few weeks.