Page 426 of 675 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Anyone think there could be some witch-hunt type of things happening with these assault allegations against celebrities/other famous people?

I saw conservative windbag S.E. Cupp claim someone grabbed her thigh once....I think going public with that is a bit over the top. Is it wrong? yes. is it equivalent to these other things going on? no.

I'm just thinking that there's so many allegations flying all over the place, the varying degrees of guilt or innocence or severity gets lost in the "OMG, him/her too!?!?!?"

This man needs more views. Good old blues.

Dude is friggin' good. I originally learned of him through his shovel guitar vids. Check the rest of his YouTube channel. Awesome stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Anyone think there could be some witch-hunt type of things happening with these assault allegations against celebrities/other famous people?

I saw conservative windbag S.E. Cupp claim someone grabbed her thigh once....I think going public with that is a bit over the top. Is it wrong? yes. is it equivalent to these other things going on? no.

I'm just thinking that there's so many allegations flying all over the place, the varying degrees of guilt or innocence or severity gets lost in the "OMG, him/her too!?!?!?"
    Apparently the Garrison Keillor is about touching a woman's bare back (he says by accident). Maybe's there's more to it. I hope so, because that would just be ridiculous.

Something I haven't considered before today: your iPhone listens to you and advertises based on stuff you say. Lori and I were in Target buying a few things. I went to buy more razors for shaving and we were talking about the available products, including Harry's. Lori had never searched for Harry's before, yet as soon as she opened Instagram on her phone, there was an ad for Harry's.

I could well be wrong, but I have to assume that the Keillor thing is more than the story he's telling. If what he's saying is a full accounting of the only complaint against him, I have to assume that MPR would be bending over backwards to preserve his reputation - He, and the show that he is inextricably connected to have been their huge moneymakers for at least 30 years that I am personally aware of. This is going to utterly destroy their bottom line - probably permanently.
    Therefore, I'm guessing that either the incident he wrote about was something much worse than what he says, or that its only one part of a huge pattern. Either way, it has to have been something way over the line to elicit the response it got.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Something I haven't considered before today: your iPhone listens to you and advertises based on stuff you say. Lori and I were in Target buying a few things. I went to buy more razors for shaving and we were talking about the available products, including Harry's. Lori had never searched for Harry's before, yet as soon as she opened Instagram on her phone, there was an ad for Harry's.
    Google admitted recently that Android tracked your location even if you turned the feature off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    It seems like I've heard a lot of people mentioning this recently. Didn't Apple roll out a big update in the past month or so? I wonder if they changed a setting and made it more obvious and in your face or something.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I wish that that forest of automotive zen that was TSG's Unified Fleet Thread had been kept exempt of politics.
    acket.

Absolutely.