Page 448 of 674 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498548 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 6739

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I'm going skiing this weekend for the first time since 2012, I think.

I simply cannot believe it has been that long. How do six years blow by like that?

Oh yeah. Work and kids.
    It's been ... four for me? Too long.

I was talking with my sister about that yesterday. We grew up skiing like every weekend in New England. She hasn't been in three seasons (mild winter, pregnant, pregnant again). I haven't been in probably 6-7 years (but it was a long trip with friends to Breckenridge, so it was awesome).

Skiing update: Hell yeah I can still ski! We went here: www.skiloveland.com

Who wants to discuss sammiches?

Last edited by George; March 6th, 2018 at 09:58 AM.

I've never thought pictures of kids with food all over their faces were cute. I thought that might be different if they were my kids.

After having a kid, I still don't think it's cute when kids have food all over their faces.

Hah

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I really don't want to have kids....and I'm going to sound terrible for this, but I'll hear people saying things like "I have to put my son to bed", and I think "doesn't he know where it is? I mean he sleeps there every night", or having the awkward bathroom situations in public restrooms.

I'm just too selfish with my time and energy, even to have a girlfriend right now, I'm too happy by myself and focusing on technology that I can troubleshoot (I cannot troubleshoot women, I've tried)

Seriously. Three of my closest friends (well 4, since two of them are a couple) all had/are having babies in the past week/any day now*. Our group text is filled with talk of not sleeping, missing other friends weddings, and breast feeding.

We all used to get together at least once a month. No more.

The world does NOT need any more humans.

Do your part! Don't Procreate!

(*I'm still not sure if they didn't have a baby-making orgy one weekend. And am a little upset I wasn't invited to spice things up, and get on Maury)
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; March 6th, 2018 at 04:46 PM.

It's okay, Nigel has had all the kids, so you don't need to

Moving on, a bill to change Florida to be like AZ, and skip out on DST has passed the legislature. I think it needs the okay from the governor, and then a federal congressional thing to happen. I would love it. Sunsets would never be before about 6:30 p.m. I would get out of work an hour earlier during the fall/winter, since our programming would still be based on EDT (though I would have to come in 'earlier', but that's okay, unless they decide to add an extra newscast at 11p.m. FST/12EDT, or whatever).

Part of the panhandle is in central, so I wonder if they would continue with DST, and just move in sync with the rest of the state half the year, or be effectively in MST?

Ash and I are firmly in the no kids for us group. Just not for us.

Tis why I married her.