Page 451 of 675 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    The thought process is that significant cardio workouts (long runs, tons of swimming, etc) will hurt weight training simply by wearing out your body too damn much. What was recommended to me by a trainer was, during the weight training period, to either only do relaxed cardio (walking), or to do High Intensity Intervals, like 15 minutes of sprinting/cool-down cycles, so you burn the calories and also promote muscle growth without ruining your joints.

(I do really like running though, so I'd probably end up going back to it anyway.)
    Somewhat. If you want to fry calories, swimming and spinning is key. Nothing does more.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    No, St. Joseph wants to be on Central because "they feel a tie to Chicago". For some damn reason this whole state is obsessed with time zones. For years they couldn't make up their mind until 2006 on whether or not to observe Daylight Savings and now they want to fuck shit up again.
    That's fine but the ones who introduced the current bill are all around Indianapolis and not near the state border at all. Plus they're claiming Indiana is somehow losing out because of the 3 hour time difference to the Western Time zone.

Either way there are more important things than that to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Somewhat. If you want to fry calories, swimming and spinning is key. Nothing does more.
    Oh I know, that's my whole point. If specifically burning high amounts of calories is your goal, then weight training is never going to cut it. But if you're either wanting to build muscle, or you're wanting to slowly lose a little bit of weight while developing lean muscle, then excessive cardio workouts don't help, and can even potentially hurt, is my understanding.

That's the current idea we have based on what we understand about the human body.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I'm going to just use that shit you sprinkle on anything and do no physical activity at all.

That's what the chick with 6-pack abs said in the ad, as she put it on an ice cream cone.

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    I like my kid, but he sure consumes a lot of time!
    Right on cue, 8 hour trip to emergency yesterday. 7.5 hours waiting, then half an hour to be told "nothing's wrong" after they told us to bring him in to be checked out for poo blood (following some minor surgery the other day)

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I live 2 miles away from where I work. I can usually get there in around 10 minutes except this time of year, because of Phillies Spring Training, then everything gets messed up.

These people fly a few hundred miles to get here, fight traffic, nearly get run over walking to a stadium, be bored for 2-3 hours watching a practice game that doesn't count....and that's if it doesn't rain.

Working in news is taking it's toll on me.

Maybe it's exacerbated by working in South Florida where shit is (and especially lately has been) crazy, but I basically have lost all hope in humanity.

The best thing that could happen to this world would be a plague of infertility.

Banana 4G

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Regarding the Katy Perry kissing controversy....short version if you're unaware, shy 19 year old on American Idol says he's never been kissed before... and in a bid to boost publicity and ratings for a show no one is watching, they basically had him kiss Katy Perry on the cheek and then she kissed him on the lips....he's a super conservative person "waiting for the right person" blah blah bullshit and there's lots of controversy.

One of the things that keep coming up is "if the roles were reversed" and it was a 33 year old popular male singer/actor/whatever and a shy 19 year old girl, it would be criticized much worse....which is true.

The problem I have is that there's always this question "if the roles were reversed", but they aren't. The situation is a woman kissing a man (at least over 18). I don't see why we can't make a distinction that....in general....there's a difference between men and women. It seems there's a certain segment who want equality in so many ways that it prevents people from realizing that a vast majority of women don't act like men and vice versa.

It seems like with the gender identification (which I have no problem with), and other spread of equality (again I have no problem with), there's an overreaction where everything done by a woman has to be put into a spotlight of "what if a man did it?" well it wasn't a man, so can't we just take it at face value?