Page 455 of 672 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457465505555 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Yeah. It will be slow until about mid April or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I was drunk when I typed it. Not going to lie.

We got invited to go party up last night with some very attractive women. We had already ordered food when the invite was sent. Didn't get food for damn near an hour, and by the time we paid our booze bill (food was comped) and got to the bar, the table they were at was being cleaned up.

:/
    There are many attractive women in this world, but you only have one father, bro.

I'm confused, what's my dad have to do with this?

I think he's saying he's your daddy.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Well this sucks arse.
    http://forums.nzgamer.com/

They told us in December it's shutting down, but didn't give a definitive date, then they may have said they are exploring options or something so we all got our hopes up that at least they may save the forums. Nope. Today they have suddenly announced it's all shutting down on the 31st March. So they didn't actually care about the community, all we were to them was a source of income. That's the impression i get anyway.

Works been slightly less shit this week after some new goals from somewhere up high.
    Loading late is easier to avoid when picking 12 hours ahead and with Walmart fining for anything not ready on time it pushed managements hand.

Some other dumb stuff happened this week but that was due to the customer pushing out a new process that wasn't tested and checked thoroughly first.

So I guess there is a fireflys worth of light at the other end of the tunnel for now.

shit, I forgot how expensive VHS movies were (I always remembered that VCRs stayed around [or above] a grand for a decade);
    per Wikipedia RoboCop was released on VHS and LaserDisc in February 1988. It was sold for $89.98 on VHS
    I remember some VHSs selling for $119.99

When I was working part-time in a video store in late '98/early '99 they had a copy of Deep Impact for sale in the display case. The asking price was $79.99. It never sold during the three months I worked there.

Junior Potato
    A little bit more on my Gold Coast Commonwealth Games adventures.

I've done three shifts so far as a fleet transport driver. It has mostly been pretty quiet because the show doesn't start properly until Thursday, with the opening ceremony tomorrow night (23:20 away for those watching at home - you'd better tune in!). Speaking of which, all volunteers and staff got tickets to the dress rehearsals, and I went to the one last night. I've gotta say I was very impressed, and extremely proud of what my home city will be showing to the world over the next week-and-a-bit. I can say that it got a lil' bit dusty in the air... sniffle...

We were encouraged to take photos while in the audience, but were told to keep it a secret, so this is all that I will share with you all

However, if you want a bit of preparation, Migaloo the white humpback whale is featured, so you might want to learn a little bit about him.

Despite the view of empty seats in the shot, the stadium ended up being a near-packed house by the 8pm start time. It's a sold-out event for the real deal. Yesterday was also a day off for me, so I took the opportunity to go for a wee trip at lunchtime to see the Queen's Baton Relay make its way through the suburb in which I was born. I got a mini souvenir flag

So far I've taken a few passengers of note:

Secretary-General of Malawi
    Secretary-General of Zambia
    President of C'wealth Games Federation Malawi

All were utterly friendly and awesome passengers. I can't wait to get back to it tomorrow morning!