Page 476 of 679 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486526576 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 6790

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Hospitals are not fun. You can't get a good night's sleep at them, and you never feel like you know what is going on. When can you advocate for yourself, when should you not.

I'm sorry you and your family are having to deal with this.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    "In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories."
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I hate how Netflix auto plays everything when you're just trying to browse stuff. I just want to browse in silence and read descriptions and make up my mind without having to frantically scroll through before it starts auto-playing the next thing to interrupt my train of thought.

Concur.

In the middle of preparing for our move, we now find out my girlfriend has stage 3 breast cancer. I have no idea what to expect going forward, cancer sucks.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    You may expect to live life, brother.

Because that's what life is, it's joy, anger, sadness, it's the tickles and it's the emptiness. Live it, live it with her, love her.
    Make love work for you two within the confines of your humanity; frail and fragile, broken and disfigured as you may feel now, you have known all along of those conditions and it didn't stop you from loving her before, so keep loving her.

Because I love you, bother.

Edit: Check your PMs, mang.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; September 6th, 2018 at 07:20 PM.
    acket.

Damn.

I'm here to answer whatever questions I can. If you need a person to yell at or scream at, I'm good for that too.

You guys aren't alone. Jason, I deeply care for you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    In the middle of preparing for our move, we now find out my girlfriend has stage 3 breast cancer. I have no idea what to expect going forward, cancer sucks.
    Ohhh, been there. I know you and I have drifted apart a bit over the years but if you have any questions or want to vent to a sympathetic audience let me know.

Also, you or her should reach out to Ash. She had started mentoring young women with breast cancer while still doing her own treatment. It's scary to get it so young.

Bottom line, it's beatable. Just keep your heads up, both of you, don't neglect your own mental health.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    That sucks. Make sure she keeps up treatment and gets regular checks. Think the docs screwed up with my Mum (in my opinion, don't know the truth) because either she didn't tell us she still had it after the initial treatment, or they didn't do enough checks and then eventually it was too late, it'd spread too far.

Bit morbid, but that's the best advice i can give - don't let it win!