Page 48 of 675 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148548 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Now that metal, hair metal, and new wave have all been used up we're moving into still-green pastures. Their time has come.
    You're probably right. Now, how am I supposed to feel about this?
    Do I worry that Dinosaur Jr. is going to show up in commercials & I'll subsequently get sick of hearing them? Or- god forbid, having my nieces and nephews act cooler than thou 'cause they just got this cool underground record (that I've probably never heard of, because I'm ancient and almost dead) "Daydream Nation"?
    Or do I just hope the bands are getting paid?
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Who's the one that looks like she really loves teh cawk? Kelly or Kim? Throwing Muses was full of delicious fleshy human thingies.
    Well, Kim's the one who wrote at least two songs that are at least apocryphally about loving/needing a big dick. (the aformentioned 'Gigantic' and 'Divine Hammer' off the Breeders record "Last Splash")
    Neither Deal was in Throwing Muses, though. You're probably thinking of Tanya Donnelly, who was in the Breeders with the sisters Deal for awhile and then went on to form Belly.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Padlock on the ice chest, in plain sight? Amateur psycho, more like.
    The house also wreaked of animals, which were locked in the basement. I'm thinking that the padlocked fridge contains the finished product of whatever he may be growing in the basement.

In my sisters wedding today... based on her fiance/future husbands family I might be able to get smashed before the wedding service and still be the least of the issues that I see happening.

also 5pm to 5am shifta 7 days a week make for great paychecks and a brain that has no clue what the actual day of the week is even though I know the date.

Wanna Fight?
    I've done 12 hour shifts on a 5 day rota. Never again. The pay is great but you don't get time to spend it or even think about what you want to buy.

The answer for me is quite simple... Records. And more records. The convenient part for me is that most of the records I want are unattainable locally, so they must be ordered online, which requires rather little investment of time.

See, whenever Neil deGrasse Tyson is in The Ship of the Imagination on Cosmos, he's always exploring other worlds and shit. But you know as soon as they're done filming he's cruising that bitch down Sunset Boulevard.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Interesting map on this guy's interesting website: http://www.baritzenthaler.com/2013/11/what-if-maps.html

"What if all the world's population lived at the density of Manila, Philippines (111,002 people per square mile) and was relocated to the Northeastern United States?"

xkcd figured out you could stand everyone in Rhode Island. https://what-if.xkcd.com/8/

He doesn't describe his methodology, though.
    Whoomah!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I was surprised about the population density of Manila, since I've lived there and been back twice since...it didn't seem that crowded to me.