Page 500 of 675 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550600 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

How do you guys deal with an eight hour shift in a workplace with absolutely horrific music? I think I might kill myself if I have to listen to one more disco tune or shitty 70s romance song. Everyone I work with is ancient and thinks "The Rolling Stones are too damn heavy."

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    How do you guys deal with an eight hour shift in a workplace with absolutely horrific music? I think I might kill myself if I have to listen to one more disco tune or shitty 70s romance song. Everyone I work with is ancient and thinks "The Rolling Stones are too damn heavy."
    It was difficult when I worked in an office like that. The other issue is that the radio stations that were "all classic rock" or "all 80's" still found a way to play the same dozen songs 3-4 times a day.

Oh and the pop station playing the same Kelly Clarkson song over and over when she was first popular....I can't stand her.

When I worked at RadioShack we had a DVD we were ordered to play, we got a new one each month. It had commercials and music, etc. Looped about once an hour. Pretty horrific by the third day of the month.

On Sunday mornings I would turn that shit off and put F1 races on.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    In Cubeworld everyone has earphones.
    acket.

Oh how I wish I could put earphones in.

Who is Kelly Clarkson?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    Who is Kelly Clarkson?
    some vapid weirdo who won a reality show singing competition

The guy in the office next to mine streams internet radio most days through speakers on his desk. It's classic rock and fairly repetitive, but what really kills me are the 1-877-KARS FOR KIDS jingles that play about three or four times per hour. I am not exaggerating about the frequency. I don't know what station he has on, but it's part of "I Heart Radio".

It was the same on classicdeepcuts.com, a station I really liked because they play more obscure classic rock - a lot of the same bands and familiar music but just not Hotel California and Sweet Home Alabama and Bohemian Rhapsody over and over, all day long. But those commercials ruined it for me.

And, like Alvin And The Chipmunks and some children's TV shows, I swear they have EQ'd the sound for maximum treble so it's really piercing to the ear. Sometimes his music is so quiet I can't hear anything until that damn commercial comes on for the tenth time that morning.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT look up the many variations of the same song they sing in every ad. If you don't know it already, spare yourself a horrendous earworm that will never go away once it has been heard.

Here's one for tigeraid's colleagues:

I am officially tired of hearing people pronounce the word “jewelry” as jew-leree.

And people who don’t pronounce the letter T in the middle of words. “button” becomes buh-in.

Sorry for interrupting, this has been plaguing me for years and I had to get it off my chest.

I feel better now...

What about “Wennsday”?