Page 513 of 620 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563613 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 6192

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Yeah, they just didn't communicate with us very clearly, so we were surprised.
    I don't like the sound of that. Was this because you guys didn't understand properly or they failed to convey the message clearly or they just screwed up and trying to blame you guys?

Anyway, if possible, try to get 2nd or multiple opinions from other doctors to further minimize future bad news odds.

I was addressing: "...what's less clear is what's the real cause and how can we fix it." Weren't you talking about climate change here? Now you are saying this is not your view?

Analogies to other things like crime and cops are logical fallacies. I have nothing else to say.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    in other news: a few large and unique deep sea fish have been washing up on shore in Japan and now California in the past few weeks...that's possibly a sign of an upcoming earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I was addressing: "...what's less clear is what's the real cause and how can we fix it." Weren't you talking about climate change here? Now you are saying this is not your view?

Analogies to other things like crime and cops are logical fallacies. I have nothing else to say.
    I said that because if we're having issues with phytoplankton population... if earth's is losing it's primary capability of converting CO2 back to O2, then we'll be screwed even if we stop burning fossil fuel altogether, right?

It's obvious and no denying that we're creating too much CO2, maybe even unnatural amounts of it. However, I'd like to know how are earth's phytoplankton population changing as a result. Are they also increasing because of increase in CO2 but even working at their maximum capacity, they can't keep up with us? Or are they actually decreasing causing further accumulation of CO2 in atmosphere? Anyway, data on that seems less clear after did some quick googling. If you can consult your wife on that, I'd appreciate it. What are the latest finding?

This article, dated nearly a decade ago... is this still true? That we're also actually losing phytoplankton? So we can expect to suffocate to death because we just don't have enough oxygen generators around?
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...on-population/
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 1st, 2019 at 11:32 AM.

Jason, I'm very sorry to hear this. Being on the "inside" of surgery, cancer is a bitch to get all of it at times. I'm hopeful you and yours get the best desired outcome possible.

Climate change:

Let's take this discussion away from this area.... It's clouding up a decent thread.

The thread's not the problem, bruh.

#CommonDenominator

Sorry Jason.

Man I heard some sad and shocking news over the weekend. A kid in grade 12 at my sonís school killed himself. Hung himself at home and left a note indicating that he didnít know why he was doing it. My son is in grade 11 and didnít know the kid or anything, but heard from others that he was a normal and happily social kid. I wonder what drove him to commit suicide. So devastating. My heart goes out to his parents, siblings and friends.

My son and his buddy went to a vigil last night in the neighborhood. He came back visibly shaken. Heís developed a stiff upper lip since hitting puberty about four years ago and doesnít like to show weakness, but last night he was in tears for his fallen peer. As a parent itís very scary because it hits so close to home.

This school is fairly new, only 10-12 years old. This is the first student theyíve lost. So sad.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    He’s developed a stiff upper lip since hitting puberty about four years ago and doesn’t like to show weakness, but last night he was in tears for his fallen peer. As a parent it’s very scary because it hits so close to home.
    Great book, can't recommend it enough, shouldn't be treated like a manual, more like a guide, though.
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Man I heard some sad and shocking news over the weekend. A kid in grade 12 at my son’s school killed himself. Hung himself at home and left a note indicating that he didn’t know why he was doing it. My son is in grade 11 and didn’t know the kid or anything, but heard from others that he was a normal and happily social kid. I wonder what drove him to commit suicide. So devastating. My heart goes out to his parents, siblings and friends.

My son and his buddy went to a vigil last night in the neighborhood. He came back visibly shaken. He’s developed a stiff upper lip since hitting puberty about four years ago and doesn’t like to show weakness, but last night he was in tears for his fallen peer. As a parent it’s very scary because it hits so close to home.

This school is fairly new, only 10-12 years old. This is the first student they’ve lost. So sad.

I don't want to jump to conclusions about what happened there, but just wanted to say: As someone who had embarrassing incidents in middle school and high school, where something happens at noon and the entire school knows about it by the end of the day, I can't imagine the kinds of pressure kids are under when social media is involved now, and suddenly what you do can go global very quickly.