Page 516 of 672 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516517518526566616 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Too early to tell... still, we had a good track record for overall commercial aviation for a while, sad that 737 max had to crash so badly... twice!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Current ambient temperature: 29° C / 84° F
    Current relative humidity: >15%
    and almost no cloud cover.

Good lord, I'm dying!
    acket.

79 degrees
    75% humidity
    If the pollen levels weren't in the red at 10.3 then it would be a perfect day.

While you guys are suffering in the heat, I'll be enjoying the snow we're supposed to get here tomorrow.

Edited to add this after someone emailed it around at work:

Blizzard warnings issued for Denver, northeast Colorado for Wednesday storm

"winds could gust up to 60 mph. Snow amounts on the southeast side of the Denver Metro area (where I live) will be in the 8 to 12 inch range, but the blowing and drifting will be the biggest problem."
    Last edited by George; March 12th, 2019 at 01:21 PM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    been seeing some of these email extortion scams come through my spam filter recently. It's funny, they basically claim they've copied your webcam and visiting pr0n sites, then want you to pay them thousands in Bitcoin to keep it quiet.

What's funny to me is if people have that much in Bitcoin, they are probably somewhat tech-savvy and know a scam when they see one. I could be wrong though.

My wife has a work colleague who’s son was scammed out of his Steam account. They were able to get it back.

I get those emails all the time to my work email off the company website. They always refer to me as their victim. “Hey victim, this is you final warning”. Those emails get deleted straight away.

What’s even dumber is we still keep getting faxes from people claiming to be from overseas and working at banks. Or the relative of a Saudi prince who just passed away, whose heir shares the same last name as me, and has $50M stashed away. *Yawn* what bullshit, and waste of paper.

I’m thinking of getting rid of our fax line completely. Never use it for business anymore. Just collects spam faxes. Everything business related is done through email these days. Just a waste of money keeping the line going.

Considering completely canceling cable services and just using my phone for internet.
    Savings could be like 2700 for the year or so.

I dont really know what the downsides would be. I dont game online or anything. I have unlimited data on the phone plan.

There's either a hotspot/tethering limit (most providers) or you'll have bandwidth limits (Verizon)
    As long as you don't Netflix/stream or have to download a game/large patch you'll be fine

We do this at our second house. We only stay there on occasion as it is under renovation. I can make it a weekend of Netlix, HBOGo, Youtube, and playing PS4 online without a problem. Not sure I could make it a whole month though since I have a 10GB cap per device.