Page 522 of 672 FirstFirst ... 22422472512520521522523524532572622 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    My wife was just contacted by an institution in Potsdam, Germany encouraging her to apply for a prestigious position. I told her it better be a major step up to make us leave what we have here. She said, "It is."

I could live in Germany for a while. Alas, that would mean giving up "My Garage."
    Just change it to Die Werkstatt

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    My wife was just contacted by an institution in Potsdam, Germany encouraging her to apply for a prestigious position. I told her it better be a major step up to make us leave what we have here. She said, "It is."

I could live in Germany for a while. Alas, that would mean giving up "My Garage."
    So, you posted this the day before I left for SC and I missed it until now. When you told me at the track I thought it was a secret so I haven't mentioned it to anyone. Clicked here and found out I missed the whole discussion.

You know I support you. Would be happy to know someone there when/if we make the move ourselves.

As I keep saying, this community is obscure enough to not be noticed.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    not much activity on the Pit Stop lately....people too busy or have we run out of topics?

I know I'm guilty of it myself a good bit but I'm just worn down with having to constantly debate people on everything. I do a lot more 'passive' reading now, here and elsewhere. I just don't engage the way I used to in Pit Stop type topics. I try and post more in the Garage and Paddock threads but there isn't much of a following there; I made a post which included pictures of three forum members participating in a racing event and it got no replies at all. *shrug* I'm thinking about going out to Bonneville to attempt a land speed record next fall and didn't even think to bring it up here because, honestly, who cares?

A more substantial answer is I've always felt this forum, for the amount of traffic it gets, has too many sub-forums. It might be easier for some to browse it if there were fewer places to look. Personally I just use the 'New Post' search so it doesn't affect me unless I'm looking for something specific.

I'm basically here to see what George digs up on Craigslist.

Same. Debate is a struggle now. Perhaps social media has done that. I swore off arguing about ANYTHING on facebook about 3-4 years ago, and have succeeded at it amazingly. So now my desire to argue here is greatly reduced too, even if it's usually more reasoned debate.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    not much activity on the Pit Stop lately....people too busy or have we run out of topics?
    I think we've just about run out of people. So many who used to post here multiple times throughout the day have left over the years. I suppose that's typical. I've stopped going to some forums that I used to enjoy and found a couple new ones because my interests have changed. Life moves on.

There are some parts of this forum I never enter - not on purpose, but just from habit, I guess. I read The Open Road, The Garage, and The Pit Stop and not much else, usually. Maybe I should look around more often.

I've been slacking in my forum craigslist duties because I've been seriously shopping for my next car lately - my first 21st century car - rather than checking out old classics and other oddballs that I can neither afford to buy nor have the room to store but that are fun to look at and talk about.

Do you use CarGurus at all, George? I'm using it for my E85 Z4 search and it's been pretty great. It's effectively completely replaced Autotrader for me.

Yes, it's one of several search sites I have bookmarked. I have them all saved with what I'm looking for selected and I go through them two or three times per day at work, along with craigslist, of course.

Guess I can delete them now. Mission accomplished just now, today.

Congrats!