Page 525 of 672 FirstFirst ... 25425475515523524525526527535575625 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,250 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Ah hell. Hang in there, Mario.

I just googled Dengue and didn't like what I saw.

Just about everything I see, hear, or read about these days sounds like the end times are soon upon us.

Seems unpleasant but not out of the ordinary for more tropical climates. Small chance of a high plains luddite contracting it.

Well, I do prefer the classics - ague, barrel fever, chalkstones, croup, dropsy, lombago...

(trying to find an Abe Simpson clip similar to this but not finding what I think I remember - the closest I've come so far is the onion in the belt scene)
    Last edited by George; August 28th, 2019 at 12:39 PM.

I love the onion in the belt scene. We use that to describe every conversation that my friends father starts (and then fails to complete).

Sadly, my favorite Indian restaurant closed down a short while ago. Just learned about it yesterday. It’s somewhat devastating. Been going there for almost 20 years. It’s going to be hard to find a replacement.

20 years? That's a great run!

Yeah, that's pretty good for a non-chain restaurant. There are quite a few Indian restaurants where I live, but we are losing fast food restaurants. Seems like all the Burger Kings for miles around have closed (except the one inside a Wal-Mart) and a couple Taco Bells have been sitting empty for a while now (a year or two, maybe). There was also a Steak 'n Shake that closed recently in a shopping center where I find myself often on weekends. The drive-through always had a long line, but I guess there's more to being profitable than always having people in cars sitting there wondering why it's taking so long (that place was notoriously slow). I'm not a frequent fast food consumer, but one can't help but notice this.

What made me think of this is this is I drove by one of the former Burger Kings this weekend and noticed it is now an Indian restaurant.

I like Indian food. I used to get a lot of it at potluck lunches at my last job, but I don't go to Indian restaurants often enough to remember what things are called. But if it's fragrant and spicy-hot, I like it.

When I was in Vienna, I ate at a great restaurant that was in a building constructed in 1697. It was a bakery for almost 300 years until it became a restaurant.

I just tried to look it up. Apparently, it closed.

There's still a little Chinese place open today that I used to go to with my parents, 40 years ago, and I've no clue how long it had been going 40 years ago*

*sadly when I went back there for nostalgia reasons, I got epic food poisoning that destroyed me for several days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    20 years? That's a great run!
    Yeah man. There’s another Caribbean place I’d been visiting since high school that closed down a few years ago, which broke my heart. But luckily, unbeknownst to me, they had a second location that was still up and running. But that location is too far east to realistically visit on a regular basis. One hour drive. So that’s become a once in a year place, rather than once a month.