Page 527 of 675 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537577627 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    The internet media is in its gilded age.
    acket.

Here's a small-time rant o' the day. I should be worried about things that are truly important instead of this pettiness, but I shall remain silent about this no longer...at least here. I'll keep my silent, sarcastic smile while suffering what I am about to relate. I figure delayed, written road rage is better than the in-the-moment, on-the-scene kind.

I live in a neighborhood with multiple routes out to main roads, but all of them require stopping at at least one and as many as four four-way stop signs. I've noticed something over the years that has finally congealed enough in my brain that I now can predict what's going to happen with uncanny accuracy.

This happens when there aren't other cars at or approaching stop signs, and I only notice this is the morning when I'm trying to get out of the 'hood and on my way to work with a minimum of delays. At any other time of day, I don't care because I'm not in a hurry.

The speed limit is 30 mph on most of these roads. I do not speed on neighborhood streets, but I do not straggle, either. I go 30 mph (when I can) and I damn sure come to a complete stop at every stop sign. There are cops hiding down these streets very rarely, but often enough that if I see one, for the next month or three, I'm extra-extra careful about complete stops. Moving violation tickets are too expensive not to do this.

Maybe one or two days a week, I'll get stuck behind someone just poking along at around 20 mph. I can usually identify them when they pull out in front of me about half as quickly as they should. These are mostly distracted suburban mothers who drive like old men wearing hats used to drive large Oldsmobiles. I don't react, as these are my neighbors, parents of my kids' friends, etc., but I admit sometimes I am steaming inside at these people who are just loafing along without a care in the world or anywhere to be at a certain time.

I've noticed if there are no other cars around (not counting me behind them), these lethargic laggards will slow even more but not stop at stop signs. They roll through the stop signs slowly, but do not stop.

Every

Single

Time

I recognize some irony in this post, but I guess what pisses me off the most is these kinds of drivers simply aren't paying attention.

Check it out the next time you're stuck behind someone going absurdly slow on streets with stop signs and see if I'm right.

Now get off my lawn.

There are way too many stupid people around... so I don't really get angry at them that much anymore... If I roadrage, I'd only roadrage with drivers intentionally being mean. Of course as I get older, I'm beginning to be able to let go of those assholes too.

Just yesterday morning, I was actually hit by a mutherfoquen stupid driver. A girl merged into my lane and scratched up the side of my car and she has the nerve to tell me that she signaled and why didn't I let her change lane? What?

I was driving like I was driving Ms Daisy with the EV to work, usually below 65mph. I think I might've been in her blindspot as she was attempting to change lane. I was practically next to her... and when I saw that, I honked and sped up to make sure that she can see me. In retrospect, I guess I should've braked hard and slowed down to avoid the hit. I was already at the left most lane so there's no way for me swerve to another lane... I actually swerved off to the shoulder a bit, but I still got hit.

Was I angry? Not really. Just was in a WTF state. We exchanged our info and that's that.

I don't think she was distracted at all. She just thought that after she signaled, she should have the right of way and everyone needs to yield!

I certainly have learned my lesson.

Never gotten into any accident with my road rage crazy drives when I was younger, but now that I'm older and mellower... maybe my reaction time has slowed to not be able to avoid this crazy lady.

Anyway, moral of the story is don't get mad. It ain't worth it. Just try to navigate carefully around stupid people and make sure you allow yourself ample time to your appointments.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    This is really messed up.

For those who don't know about the Amber Guyver case, short version is that she is a cop in Dallas who arrived home, entered the wrong apartment that she thought was hers, shot and killed the resident (black guy) inside. She just got 10 years in prison for this...

Today, one of the key witnesses in the case, the neighbor of the victim who also happens to be black, was shot and killed.

Just a terrible situation all around.

Here's the story of the case and trial, prior to today's shooting.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/death-inno...ry?id=65938727

You spelled "Joshua Brown was executed" wrong.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; October 6th, 2019 at 02:55 PM.
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    oh I agree there's a 95% chance of that...I don't know what the crime rate is in the area, etc. to make further judgement, but it is, of course, VERY VERY suspicious

That is exactly what came to my mind as well. Seems shady as fuck.

Horrible. Sounds like a message from the Jim Crow era not to testify against white people and/or the police.

Jim Crow era is still de facto in many areas.

I had an aluminum ladder give up on me as I was changing a lightbulb. It was a 2-meter "fall". Somehow I managed to not let go off the bulb and also lean against the wall to slow my way down, so l landed with my legs apart. And now my ass hurts.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; November 21st, 2019 at 08:41 AM.
    acket.