Page 53 of 675 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Ah yeah, Lobo is the comparable trim level from Ford that hasn't made it across the fence.
    I've seen a handful of them up here, complete with MX plates.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    so I've decided that I definitely want to move to Japan...I've been doing a lot of research about various things...and recently I found out...

They play American football in Japan, and have had an active league since the 1930's called the X-League! They also have a national championship game called the....ahem...Rice Bowl.

Very few things surprise me about Japan, as there's such a wide variety of things that happen there, but this one did surprise me, especially the highlight reel on youtube...seems like some good players out there.

They play all sorts of sports there. They are also probably 1 of the only 5(?) other countries in the world which gives a shit about baseball. Their rugby team is generally recognised as being the best in Asia due in part to several imports from NZ/the Pacific Islands who were and are good players, but not good enough to make it into their national teams.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Taylor was THE most popular girl's name in 1996 - so they're just getting ripe. I guess that's why I keep running into them. Giggity. It's now down to 65th, but that's still a pretty popular name.

Cheyenne peaked at around 150th, but that makes sense as there just aren't that many stripper jobs.

A+ post, would read again.

MR2, it seems the idea of "protecting the QB" isn't even on their radar. I see a lot of similarities with play calling and layout, with a few different twists.

It's entertaining to see the backflip and such. Nobody in the states I think would even think to attempt that.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    yeah the backflip and immediate flags from the refs standing right there

Does anyone but me realize how fucking stupid of an invention the Duracell Powermat is? I just saw Starbucks is putting them in their stores to allow people to "wirelessly" charge their phones while they're in the store.

When they say that, you get visions of power being beamed into your phone from across the room, but the reality is much stupider than that. The powermat is just a surface that you can set your phone onto, and as long as it makes physical contact with it, it will charge. But you need a special case for your phone! You have to have a special case with electrical contacts on the back that will interface with this powermat thing.

So basically, yes, it's "wireless charging." But, you have to have a special case on your phone, and it has to physically touch this mat at all times.

Someone tell me how this is better than just putting a bunch of electrified micro USBs connectors and iphone connectors at every table in Starbucks. No special case needed, and you wouldn't have to let your phone rest on a flat surface to charge.

Because Duracell gets you to buy crap. Oh, you meant better for customers?

When there is a wireless charging standard, and it's built into furniture, then we'll talk. Some people are trying to send power through the air, I wonder how that will work out considering all the things that can get in the way (people, their stuff, their medical implants).
    Get that weak shit off my track

yeah a true wireless charging would be...complicated and possibly dangerous for anyone who had any sort of medical implant like a pacemaker, etc.