Page 533 of 551 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535543 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 5505

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    No, remaking Top Gun is probably the most useful thing F-18s have done lately...
    ok, in general that's true
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

I often check for free stuff on Craigslist. Sometimes there can be some gems. I once saw a woman giving away her late husband's Hot Wheels collection. I would have had it if I was into collecting stuff. It was gone in a few hours, of course. Most of the time it's junk. "Free garbage pile!" Often people post stuff like "Free firewood!" when really they just want you to cut down a whole tree and haul it away. Why do you think it costs thousands to have a tree service cut a tree down? I once saw someone who wanted two full-grown walnut trees removed from their property. They claimed they knew the value of the wood and basically threatened to burn them down if someone did not take them away for free. What they do not understand is that the value is not added until it is cut down and milled into lumber. You also need special equipment to cut down a big tree. Just the trunk of the tree can weigh several tons, depending on the size.

One of our pines had to be cut down top first.
    Cutting wasn't expensive and neigbouring chainsaws did cleaning and some other took trunks and branches.

It was hitted by a lightning years before and had only a small part of its trunk live and healthy.
    And many times taller than distance from the house.

We have some very tall pines in our back yard and our expansion is going to bring us very close to them. I'm not sure what it will cost to have them removed but it probably is the prudent thing.

We had three mature pines removed last fall and it cost $2,800.

That would be excellent.

A former GTFer's (I'm pretty sure he's not on this forum) sister was seriously injured in a motorcycle crash last week. A friend set up a Go Fund Me campaign to help pay for medical bills.

I find this sad, not only because someone was hurt, but also because it will probably financially ruin her for years to come. I guess it just frustrates me that so many Americans are against health care for all.

I spent one night in the hospital a few years back because I got pericarditis and thought I was having a heart attack. I have pretty good insurance through my wife's work and we still had to pay ~$2,000.

agreed.

1/3 of GoFundMe accounts are for healthcare.

Maybe if we all pooled together and paid everyone's healthcare, you know, universally, this wouldn't be an issue.