Page 542 of 675 FirstFirst ... 42442492532540541542543544552592642 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Sorry to hear it, bro.

Crap.

Time to look for another job. F Amazon.

What happened?

There was a possum on my lawn this morning. Thinking it would move along on its own, I left it to its own devices. When I looked out a few hours later it was still there, so assuming it was deceased I grabbed a snow shovel, some gloves, and a bag and headed out to deal with it.
    Upon closer inspection, it was still breathing and had moved a bit into some shade, though there was something definitely wrong with one of its eyes. Further- as it was lying on its other side, I was able to see a couple of tiny tails sticking out of its pouch. So I got to spend part of my afternoon driving an injured possum and her babies to a wildlife rehab center two counties away. Hopefully they'll be okay- once I got her into transport tub, the mother got a little active and spent most of the drive standing up and looking confused.

It felt good to do something actually good for the first time in awhile.
    It was also nice to drive more than 2 exits on the highway for the first time in like 10 weeks.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Atta boy stabs.

Oppossum are super important for our ecosystem

Wow! What a lives saver!

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Atta boy stabs.

Oppossum are super important for our ecosystem
    Yep, I love possums - anything that eats some many ticks and can't get rabies is a friend in my book.
    My wife and I have a long-running policy of putting out cat-food and our leftovers for neighborhood strays (we typically capture the cats to get them spayed/neutered). The possums are our favorite customers because they're the neatest and most polite guests (raccoons spread food all over the place and will fight with anything). Plus, so many people find them scary or gross that I feel like they need as many friends as they can get.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Yeah, I used to live trash pandas, but those mfers are just mess makers

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    It was also nice to drive more than 2 exits on the highway for the first time in like 10 weeks.
    I went for a drive last weekend, just for like an hour or so, a loop that had no stops, just find a couple twisting roads with some pretty trees or something. It was very nice. Being cooped up for this long is getting to me.