Page 543 of 672 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543544545553593643 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,430 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Yeah, a big part of what normally I do (other than teaching, writing, and analysis) in the off-season is driving around and checking out areas that people think might be archaeological sites. So a lot of driving down country roads to where someone found an arrowhead or going down stream banks where a farmer spotted some bones eroding out of a cut-bank.
    Not doing that or my 45 minute commute has seriously cut down our fuel bill though, so that's nice I guess.
    -Formerly Stabulator

I snoozed my alarm 12 times this morning before finally realizing what I was doing, and waking up.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Yeah, a big part of what normally I do (other than teaching, writing, and analysis) in the off-season is driving around and checking out areas that people think might be archaeological sites. So a lot of driving down country roads to where someone found an arrowhead or going down stream banks where a farmer spotted some bones eroding out of a cut-bank.
    Josh, you might enjoy one of the Longmire novels called Dry Bones. I'm currently listening to the audiobook again after hearing it once enough years ago that I've forgotten what happens.

From the Amazon plot summary:

Spoiler:
    When Jen, the largest, most complete Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton ever found surfaces in Sherriff Walt Longmire’s jurisdiction, it appears to be a windfall for the High Plains Dinosaur Museum—until Danny Lone Elk, the Cheyenne rancher on whose property the remains were discovered, turns up dead, floating face down in a turtle pond. With millions of dollars at stake, a number of groups step forward to claim her, including Danny’s family, the tribe, and the federal government. As Wyoming’s Acting Deputy Attorney and a cadre of FBI officers descend on the town, Walt is determined to find out who would benefit from Danny’s death, enlisting old friends Lucian Connolly and Omar Rhoades, along with Dog and best friend Henry Standing Bear, to trawl the vast Lone Elk ranch looking for answers to a sixty-five-million-year-old cold case that’s heating up fast.

GRRRRR!
    80_550x550_Front_Color-White.jpg
    Seriously though, I haven't read that one and will check it out.
    -Formerly Stabulator

DLM! Dino lives matter too!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I had wanted to do some home work for a few weeks now.

Spent last two weeks doing copy writing for work, like crazy hours of it.

They* wanted to do yet another round of proofreading and at around 3 pm, I bailed (I limit myself to giving them an opinion to their proofs, yay or nay, basically).

So I went and bought some sheetrock, some wood and some hardware.

I spent 10 minutes (tops) on phone calls for their proofs when I got back from my errands.

It's almost 2 in the morning, my feet hurt, my nose is clogged up in dust and I smell funny. I'm probably at the mid point of my home project and I'm on the GTXF and I'm having a beer.

Thanks, fellas. You're an inspiration.
    acket.

-Formerly Stabulator

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Sunday, 6 pm. 90% done.

I'm wrecked and a bit disappointed that it doesn't look half as good as I thought it would.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Sunday, 6 pm. 90% done.

I'm wrecked and a bit disappointed that it doesn't look half as good as I thought it would.
    Eh, you get used to it - Even when I was a very skilled professional very much in practice, I was never quite as happy as I'd hoped I would be with home improvement tasks.
    There's always some flaw you'll see until either you move, die, or re-do it.
    -Formerly Stabulator