Page 545 of 675 FirstFirst ... 45445495535543544545546547555595645 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 6744

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

The $14 probably doesn't include any of the cost of the museum exhibit, does it? It actually seems surprising that the cost of the key ceremony itself could be accounted to be that low.

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    The $14 probably doesn't include any of the cost of the museum exhibit, does it? It actually seems surprising that the cost of the key ceremony itself could be accounted to be that low.
    Sorry to clarify ... the Museum exhibit is entirely museum funded and created. Though will likely be for profit, because merch.

The ceremony to give a cat keys to the city was on the ratepayer's tab, and was subject to the official information act cost query. There wasn't that much of a ceremony involved, and the key itself was donated by a jeweller. So basically it was $14 worth of paper & photocopying involved.

The cost for taxpayers to audit all that probably cost a lot more than $14...

Sorry, I assumed the term "national museum" implied some sort of government support/subsidy. Of course, even then the museum might be able to spin the cat exhibit as being a demonstrable draw card, bringing in more revenue than it cost.

I probably did too, SportWagon, without thinking about the National Corvette Museum.
    Get that weak shit off my track

You're mostly correct. It is the Museum of New Zealand (tm). So there will be public funds going into it.

But how they spend their allocated funds is less open to questioning.

While the "giving keys to the cat" is easily queried.

How high should an AP be to be able to laser connect HK and Taiwan or Philippines?

Tornado watch has been issued for my immediate area. I’m looking up at the sky like a madman, don’t trust the clouds even though the turbulent weather seems to have passed.

Hopefully I don’t end up in Oz this afternoon.

Lots of rain, and allegedly 90km/hr gusts here in Kitchener-Waterloo. But I didn't see anything super severe.

I finished my bicycle ride by just after 8am. Light SW wind making outward trip brisk and return interesting. Picked up even more later, I guess, but I don't think we saw too many 90km/hr gusts in our neighbourhood.

Interesting the thunderstorms were forecast for the afternoon, and 12:01pm--boom!

The photobucket saga is interesting.

Even if I told them "Just delete my account", which I think perhaps I should do sometime, I would still cause them expense from all the hotlinks left around several forums. I.e. having their web server return "not found".

At this place, I've changed all of my photobucket links to non-hot links. Strangely, the few I looked at here appeared to continue viewing, even though free accounts no longer allow hotlinking at all. The images viewed, but with a Photobucket watermark.

I suppose I should try do the same at gtplanet. Here at gtxf I found only six posts of mine containing "photobucket", of which only about half were actual hot links. I vaguely recall I might have left a lot more there.

And, of course, nothing prevented people in the past from hotlinking to my Photobucket pictures. I can't change those, can I?
    Last edited by SportWagon; July 31st, 2020 at 08:09 AM.