Page 548 of 672 FirstFirst ... 48448498538546547548549550558598648 ... LastLast
Results 5,471 to 5,480 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Yeah

He deserves royalties for his “you’ve got mail” work. AOL was the shit back in the 90’s.

He just has one line!

Imagine how much money could the Siri lady rake in if they really could get royalties every time we hear their voices!

I really have to wonder about people who think they own the whole damn place, wherever that may be.

There's a guy who works on our floor in our office building. He's probably around sixty and I think he's an attorney. There are only three occupied offices on this floor and very few people in them, especially now that many people work from home some, most, or all days.

He is one of the people we suspect of tearing down the occupied/vacant signs from the restroom doors that building management put up to help people stay away from each other during the pandemic. He and the others in his office don't wear face masks, despite a state-wide order from the governor and signs all over our building saying that face masks are required.

One of the guys I work with calls him "Mr. Business" because he's known for being on the phone while in the bathroom. Many times over the years I've gone to the mens room and heard him talking inside a stall. I still flush as usual and wash my hands and can't help but wonder what the people on the other end of his call must think when they hear that: "Dude, are you on the shitter?!" Or maybe with attorneys, it's assumed they're in the "lounge" at their "club" and there may be background noises as people shower after their lunchtime squash games.

Anyway, a little while ago, I was standing in the mens room and heard the door open. I heard footsteps behind me and a stall door open and close. I then turned the corner to where the two sinks are and found a big paper bag from a lunch place down the street placed between the only two sinks and blocking the soap dispenser that's mounted on the mirror in front of and in between the sinks. It was a large and tall bag, the kind with handles looping up from each long side. It was obviously new; not some old thing on the way to the trash, and it was maybe an inch or two from each of the sinks.

So, what am I supposed to do? Push his lunch aside, and into one of the sinks? Put it on the floor? Drip soapy water on it and in it as I was my hands? Wait until he gets his selfish ass out of the stall and picks up his lunch?

Some people are just assholes. And I'm one sometimes. But not in this way.

And why would anyone bring his lunch (and probably lunches for others in his office, judging from the size of the bag) into a bathroom anyway?

Ah, first-world problems.

Quarantine has taught me that I’m not mentally well, and I’ve been held together by the frayed strings and old tape that is basketball, traveling, and photography. Need to figure out how to be happy without activities that I enjoy.

Wife misses traveling too, so the only option left would be using RVs..., but it seems everyone has the same ideas? Travel trailers under 5000 lbs towable by our SUV apparently all sold out or with significant mark ups...

Anyway, with fires or hurricanes every where, it’s not like we could go anywhere anyways... I guess we’ll just keep waiting around at home for now until prices come down and inventory builds up...

Sorry to hear you are struggling, J.

On August 30, my stepmom passed away at 78 from a laundry list of causes. She and my dad were married for 37 years. My dad didn't take it well at all. A little after midnight on the following Friday my phone rings. It was my niece and my step sister. I thought it something was wrong with my dad. He was okay. The call was about my 20 yr old nephew. He was being chased by police, he pulled over and shot himself in the head. He was taken off life support a few hours later. Step mom's funeral was the next day(Saturday). On Sunday my aunt calls to tell me that my uncle is in the hospital and in a bad way. I didn't tell my dad because having just lost his wife and grandson, the last thing he needed was more bad news. My uncle got better, but he needs a heart and lung replacement, and they can't do the surgery because he wouldn't survive it. He was back home a few days later and I told my dad to call him. That was a shitty week in what has been an overall shitty month. Bring on October.

Jeez, sorry to hear.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    That's some rough shit, Rich.
    acket.