Page 553 of 672 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555563603653 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Hair is a liability. That is why I have none.
    Same here.

Me too*

*and also because genetics

I took the opportunity of a calm work day and a 25% off sale to check on a jacket I couldn't convince myself to get last fall, but was reminded could be useful in a week full of 40-50 degree afternoons and light rain. Previously my only rain/windproof jackets were a bulky and restrictive winter coat, and a ~15 year old jacket that sounds like you're wearing a plastic bag. But now I have a nice Duluth hooded jacket with two large zippered chest pockets, hand warmer pockets, and additional flapped pockets on top of them. I was able to go out for lunch and then a walk with my headphones, phone, camera, and Switch, all safely enclosed, and pockets still free for my hands. It's not the perfect jacket: I haven't figured out how to cinch the hood so it won't pull back in the wind, and it doesn't have any Corvette Racing symbols on it. It will likely be my favorite fall jacket going forward, though.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; October 31st, 2020 at 02:49 PM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

You could make a Vette stencil and spray-paint it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Me too*

*and also because genetics
    I have a big forehead. I’m not really bald, just have a big forehead.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    You know... Today's All Souls' Day (or as we Catholics like to call it, Commemoration of the Faithfully Departed), and for us Mexicans it really is a day of reflecting on those we've lost and everything they did for us, their teachings and their sacrifices. When we setup our Day of the Dead altars, we usually put the pictures of our dearest in them, certainly those of our grandparents, sometimes of our aunts and uncles or of those close to us who left us before their time. But we also leave a space for all those wandering souls who might be forgotten by others. Inbetween the dishes on the altar, which are an homage to our families' culinary traditions, we also put there some basic foodstuffs, like a glass of water and we light a candle so that no souls get lost in the darkness.

And I was thinking... A lot of Mexicans go to work in the American food industry, and it'd be sad if their contribution to the stuff that reaches your table went unacknowledged, specially with how hard food processing plants were hit by Covid in 2020. So yeah, if you can, please spare a thought for all those men and women who died away from home and -who knows- maybe now they're wandering souls, lost in a strange land away from those who loved them in life. Maybe you don't believe in that kind of afterlife, but they certainly did.

Just leave a candle and a glass water where they can easily find it. Thank you.
    acket.

Did Pixar’s Coco do any justice to that Mexican tradition?

That was a very heart warming movie...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Yes. It actually caused some envy among Mexican filmmakers, it being a product of Evil Disney Corp. and all that.
    acket.

I remember there being complaints that it was Disney doing their own version of a smaller movie: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bo...fe_(2014_film)
    Get that weak shit off my track

Apparently my identity has been stolen and used to apply for unemployment.
    So that's cool.
    -Formerly Stabulator