Page 554 of 675 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556564604654 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

I mean. Jokes on them when you contact the unemployment office.

Already done, as well as locking down my credit and all that.
    I had a moment of freaking out when I opened the letter thinking that the university was pre-emptively cutting staff, but it passed quick enough.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    weird thought of the day: If a time machine *exists*, does that mean schrodinger's cat is always simultaneously alive and dead?
    Last edited by MR2 Fan; November 11th, 2020 at 04:10 PM.

There is no box

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    weird thought of the day: If a time machine *exists*, does that mean schrodinger's cat is always simultaneously alive and dead?
    If you open the box and see, then go back in time - is the result the same? If so, then is it already in that state when you first go back.
    Is it only in superposition if its unobserved, including people from the future?

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    No it just means that the cat is simultaneously knocking things off of counters and critiquing your fashion choices.

and barfing on the carpet.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    So, the actor formerly known as Ellen Page has now come out as a transgender male named Elliot Page

I have absoultely no problem with that, congrats to him (though changing pronouns does get challenging sometimes for me)

The issue I have is how this information was done in headlines on twitter and other places, mostly said things like "Elliot Page comes out as a transgender man" and people, not just me, are asking "Who?"

some went on to describe that they're currently in The Umbrella Academy or were formerly in the movie Juno, etc.

I'm sorry if this is some woke journalism I don't understand, but WHY NOT JUST SAY ELLEN PAGE is now a transgender man named Elliot Page?? Why make it confusing to people...so when someone doesn't understand who they're referring to, others can be like "transphobe!!"...........sigh

Woke journalism... haha, that’s good!

If you’re truly awake, I guess you’re suppose to know Elliot is Ellen.

Maybe they should have an official eulogy or baptism or reincarnation ceremony? Like Ellen has passed away, but born again as Elliot?

It would be disrespectful to refer to him as his former name and gender.

What I have a problem with is why is this headline news?

The sad part is that he will probably never get acting work again, unless it is for the Wachowskis.
    Last edited by Cam; December 2nd, 2020 at 02:52 AM.