Page 672 of 675 FirstFirst ... 172572622662670671672673674 ... LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Any normal human being surely hates ad/commercial interruptions. I think unwanted pop up ads that’s eating up your computer resources were the worst…

However, my attitudes have changed since hearing on a podcast saying that commercial interruptions could actually enhance experiences! Yeah, even with lousy commercials. A good TV show could be a great TV show. Likewise, torturing experiences could also be ‘enhanced’ with interruptions!

I couldn’t remember where I heard or read this psychological study, but found this article talking about this effect:

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...se-3248830.php

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Yeah, I'll skip the shit out of those on Youtube because I consider it double-dipping (I pay for Premium).

For podcasts I'll listen to the first time I hear a new sponsor. But the 85th time DraftKings comes up? *skip*
    That’s what I do on Spotify when I listen to podcasts. Definitely irritating as fuck whenever an ad starts when I’m already paying to listen.

Administrator
    Set my wife up with a Diablo IV install on the Steam Deck tied to her Battle.net account, and while her mom napped, she and I were able to play together while she's off in Prescott, AZ.

It's one of those things that doesn't seem that amazing, but on the other hand, my wife and I were able to tackle a vault together while she's off visiting her folks 450 miles away. That was very fun.

Tier 79 for anyone who is following along. And the fucking Butcher showed up.

8 tourists left on the island of Sao Tome off the coast of Africa after being late for the "all abroad time."

Quote Originally Posted by one of the tourists
    "We believe there was a basic duty of care that they had forgotten about, so it does concern us."
    Bitch the captain has a duty of care for 2000 other souls on board that ship who got back in time.

^ That reminds me of an Old Time Radio episode from a CBS anthology series called Escape.

It takes place in Mozambique or Portuguese East Africa at the time (1947). It probably suffers in the political correctness department by today's standards. I haven't heard the whole thing it in a while but it's one I remember from when I was into OTR while working a very boring data entry job. Just listened to the first few minutes to make sure it's the one I think it is.

If anyone cares, it's free to stream or download "The Second Class Passenger" as an mp3: https://ia600606.us.archive.org/15/i...broadcast-.mp3
    Last edited by George; April 4th, 2024 at 10:36 AM.

Administrator
    I think that's pretty common. On the one cruise I've been on, they were very adamant that the ship leaves at a certain time and if you're not on it, it's on you to find your way back to it at another port or find your own way home.

Yesterday after I finished my route I had a pickup at a regular vendor. I get there and there is a beat up looking Volvo in the normal dock so I pull into one of the side docks and go inside. When I get inside before I can even open up my truck I start getting chatted up by a guy who could be Strother Martin. It doesn't take too much thought to figure out that he's the driver of the Volvo. I open up my truck and set the dock plate and he starts talking about college basketball. I put some space between us and he comes closer. He asks where I'm out of. I tell him "just north of South Bend, IN" so he starts asking if Pete Buttegieg was a good mayor or not so I turn the convo back to sports. We talk about Purdue for a bit and I clue him in on where Purdue is popular and where they're located.
    He asks me how much land costs an acre where I live, I tell him I have no idea and ask him how much it is an acre in Texas(where his truck is from), he says he's from Alabama and getting ready to move back. He asks how long it's been since I've ridden a horse, I tell him almost fifty years and he asks "WHY?", I tell him because "they're expensive!", he replies with "But you can rent one!" I move away and he follows after and asks if I've ever ridden a mule. I change the subject back to college sports. He turns it to politics and I turn it back to college sports and keep moving around the dock.
    As long as we keep the talk to college sports(mostly basketball and football) I keep it cordial but then he would starting mentioning politics or Bible verses and I turn it right back to college sports while still moving around on the dock. He's getting unloaded(and they were almost done) and I'm waiting on one single solitary pallet. I get my skid on and the vendor boss shows up with my paperwork. I wanted to tell him how happy I was to see him but the other guy was still hovering. I got my paperwork, closed up my truck and got on with my day. As I was pulling out I got a better look at his truck. The company logo on the trailer looked like Shroud of Turin clip art(which fit with the company name). I got a closer look at the cab as well. FFS. I've seen tons of hoarder cars with shit piled all over the place, but this was the first semi I've actually seen that looked like a hoarder drove it.
    I had no urge to tell him to "Fuck off", but I thought that the constant moving around and changing the subject back to college sports would give him a clue, but it didn't so I kept a level head until the whole thing was over with.

You are far too nice.

A little tact goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    You are far too nice.