Page 582 of 646 FirstFirst ... 82482532572580581582583584592632 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 6458

Thread: Internet memotivationally epic fails

I'm wondering if those guys are playing on some sort of artificial surface. It looks like his left skate caught an edge and dumped him forward. A customer at work was telling me you can basically buy giant sheets of plastic that skate almost exactly the same as real ice. The main benefit being that it doesn't require any refrigeration.

It's inline (roller) hockey played on sport court, which is a softish plastic tile.

What happened is I'm 66 pounds overweight for the skates (they have a max weight rating of 220lbs). When I skate the second wheel from the front, the one closest to the boot, will actually dig into the boot and bind up because of the force I'm pressing down into the chassis. There are actually little grooves in the boot leather where that wheel is. It only happens when I'm leaning forward and particularly when I'm turning. That, combined with my right leg moving forward rather than crossing over the left for a turn left me little choice but to fall onto my face completely untouched.

Before that particular game I bought smaller diameter wheels and it has helped a lot. That instance there is probably the only time I fell that game because of the wheel binding issue.

Go to about 8:50 to see the sequence in full. From the higher resolution of the video you can see pretty clearly that one of the forward wheels on my left skate just gave up and tossed me.

Yes, balki, it's a no check league, else I would've just skated through him.

Man I miss playin roller hockey. Is that ball or puck league? Nevermind, it's a puck. I always thought that a hockey ball was much better implement for the plastic rinks. The pucks just never move well enough.

Also, no offsides or is the center red the offsides line?

Our rink has ball and puck. The differences are that ball goalies don't have to wear skates, and ball uses offside and icing. The lines are just there for decoration in puck.

We play on Wildwood Rd just outside of North Park. I know it's a bit of a haul for you but I'll send you an invite next season which should start in May. Runs $85 for 8 games plus playoffs.

Unless you're really amped up to play, we have five games left and a relatively short bench, could always use another body. Right now we have two lines when everyone shows up.

Our remaining schedule: http://www.northparkinline.com/teams/?team_id=918

And you're right about the puck, it absolutely stops dead in a non-linear rate. It's either sizzling by or stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I'm not joking when I say the only reason I was able to complete that fall and get so quickly is because of the USMC martial arts training I went through. We used to do endless forward and backward falls and that went through my mind midway through.

Wow... so mesmerized by the bouncing ball, he/she didn't bother to move or catch or bite it at all. BOING!!!! Poor kitty. I hope that's just a big rubber ball, not a billiard ball or something hard like that!

I thought maybe it was blind and tracking it by sound. It just looks so surprised by the impact.

Obviously, that is a cat before USMC training.

Here is a cat after USMC training.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I thought maybe it was blind and tracking it by sound. It just looks so surprised by the impact.
    My hypothesis is that the ball fell in a straight line towards the kitty’s head, and it couldn’t tell if it was moving until the *boink* happened. Hence the look of abject horror on its face.