Page 13 of 647 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet memotivationally epic fails

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit.

A bike doesn't even come close to taking up the space of 6 people. You're full of shit.

Bicyclists do have laws to follow. Whether the cops enforce it or not is a different issue.

Riding against traffic is idiotic but what does that have to do with bikes on a train?

Blowing through stop signs is bad but not as bad as multi-ton vehicles blowing through stop signs which I also see regularly and what does that have to do with bikes on a train?

Blowing through red lights I don't see. I sometimes see them go through red lights after making sure it's clear which is still not OK but what does that have to do with bikes on a train?

People in cars are killing about a dozen pedestrians per day in the U.S., to say nothing of the number that they injure, but again, what does that have to do with bikes on a train?

You're grasping at straws for ways to rationalize bigotry against bicyclists as a group.

I stop for stop signs. I wait at red lights. I follow the best practices recommended by the top bicycle safety experts in the country and yet I am regularly harassed and threatened by people who can't handle so much as changing lanes to pass me.

People getting on a train are just trying to get where they are going like anyone else. That comic is nothing but bigotry. It's a double standard. People carrying a bunch of packages would NOT receive the same vitriol.
    Last edited by overpowered; January 24th, 2014 at 03:48 PM.

Hey get a room... like this one maybe?: http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?49-Cycling

What if they were a bunch of packages with bicycles in them?

Anyway, your incessant complaining about having your rights as a cyclist trampled on is trampling on my rights to post silly things from the internet...

Anyone remember this one? You have to admire a video that went viral before the days of youtube.

Don't think I ever saw that one.

I can only handle this for a minute or two until it feels too damn much like being at work.

http://conferencecall.biz/

Junior Potato

Quote Originally Posted by overpowered View Post
    People carrying a bunch of packages would NOT receive the same vitriol.
    Or people carrying 40 stones of excess weight.

Last edited by LHutton; January 25th, 2014 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by overpowered View Post

A bike doesn't even come close to taking up the space of 6 people. You're full of shit.
    Come to DC and throw your bike on to the metro with you. You'll see what I'm talking about. During rush hour, the Metro is literally packed standing shoulder to shoulder on many trains. You can say I'm full of shit all you want, but you're wrong. They don't tell cyclists to not bring their bikes on the train during rush hour because of some systemic oppression of your people, get the fuck out of here with your victim nonsense.

People getting on a train are just trying to get where they are going like anyone else. That comic is nothing but bigotry. It's a double standard. People carrying a bunch of packages would NOT receive the same vitriol.
    I'm not rationalizing anything, I'm saying assholes are assholes, and cyclists aren't immune from asshole actions. That comic isn't bigotry, it is a douchebag move to bring a bike onto a crowded subway car. And yes, people bringing a bunch of shit on to the metro would get vitriol here. This isn't really relevant in San Diego, as most of the trolleys in San Diego (at least when I lived there) aren't packed shoulder to shoulder. Pull the stick out of your ass and stop being such a god damned victim.

This is the Metro during normal hours:

No one gives a damn if you bring a lot of crap on to the metro during this time. Plenty of room.

This is the Metro during busy hours:

Where are you putting your bike? Cyclists here will take their bike to a less busy line/stop, or use a bus that has a bike rack on the front of it to get a further distance during rush hour.

But hey, lets keep ranting about how you're some sort of martyred victim. Maybe you have issues with dicks out in California not sharing the road nicely, and I can understand that. But cyclists do pretty well for themselves on the east coast.

---

Admins feel free to move my posts. I'll stop responding to the subject, as I've made my points and it's worthless talking to people who can't stay rational, or even take a ribbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Come to DC and throw your bike on to the metro with you. You'll see what I'm talking about. During rush hour, the Metro is literally packed standing shoulder to shoulder on many trains.
    Well there's the real problem.

Maybe 30 years ago when Doug started bringing his bike on the train that was rush hour. Give it another 30 years and someone with white gloves will be ramming people into trains and people with thick jackets will be a talking point.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Come to DC and throw your bike on to the metro with you. You'll see what I'm talking about. During rush hour, the Metro is literally packed standing shoulder to shoulder on many trains. You can say I'm full of shit all you want, but you're wrong. They don't tell cyclists to not bring their bikes on the train during rush hour because of some systemic oppression of your people, get the fuck out of here with your victim nonsense.

People who have to get somewhere have to get there when they have to get there. If there's not room for them to get on then they won't be able to get on. It's first come first served. You have arbitrarily decided that they are undeserving of being to travel when it's convenient for them. What about the 350 pound person who takes up two seats and part of the aisle? Are you going to tell them that they can't ride during rush hour either?

I'm not rationalizing anything, I'm saying assholes are assholes, and cyclists aren't immune from asshole actions. That comic isn't bigotry, it is a douchebag move to bring a bike onto a crowded subway car. And yes, people bringing a bunch of shit on to the metro would get vitriol here. This isn't really relevant in San Diego, as most of the trolleys in San Diego (at least when I lived there) aren't packed shoulder to shoulder.
    They are at rush hour. However, there are rules. On the old style cars they are only allowed at the ends of the cars and it's a max of two bikes at each end except the front of the front car which is reserved for wheelchairs. On the new style cars there is no limit other than space on the lower areas near the doors.

As for your "pretending to be a victim" bullshit, try having people threaten to kill you on a fairly regular basis for doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing. Try having people assume that you are a dangerous scofflaw simply because you ride a bike on the road. It's like assuming that a gay person is a pedophile or a black person is a criminal. It's bigotry plain and simple.
    Last edited by overpowered; January 25th, 2014 at 09:58 AM.