Page 632 of 646 FirstFirst ... 132532582622630631632633634642 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 6458

Thread: Internet memotivationally epic fails

Uh, kinda. Not quite, but close to that.

Oh wow there's actually quite a few similar designs when you search, so more than just one facepalm has thought this was a good idea.

It's strange because the Punisher is a single anti-establishment vigilante that is very good at everything, and storm troopers are waves of mindless cannon fodder followers that are bad at everything.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Also, The Punisher hates fascists.

Yeah if there's anything the past 5-10 years* have shown, it's some that comic book fans are amazingly incapable of understanding (or even seeing) the themes, subtext, and even the all block letters TEXT of their favorite books. For example "Why do these sjws put politics in Captain America?"

*Though the Punisher's skull has been grossly appropriated for substantially longer than that. That's what "cool-looking" graphic design will get you, I guess.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I've seen the Punisher's skull misappropriated since the late eighties. But it must have happened even earlier, I think.
    acket.

Everything has been done before.

The better faux pas is the fact people didn't know Rage Against the machine was a massively left wing anti-establishment group.....until this year...

Junior Potato
    It's literally in their name and not just some teen angst bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Yeah if there's anything the past 5-10 years* have shown, it's some that comic book fans are amazingly incapable of understanding (or even seeing) the themes, subtext, and even the all block letters TEXT of their favorite books. For example "Why do these sjws put politics in Captain America?"

*Though the Punisher's skull has been grossly appropriated for substantially longer than that. That's what "cool-looking" graphic design will get you, I guess.
    Ahh, you refer to comicsgate, the lesser known evil brother of gamergate, a far-right online harassment campaign that wrought havoc among the comics press a few years ago. It brought down a whole Vader miniseries that Marvel was planning to release, all because the author put a gay character in a Star Was novel a couple of years ago and received endless harassment because of that.

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2018/...-marvel-comics

Nobody can ever tell me that there is no clear definite link between 'conscientious' objection to The Last Jedi and your garden variety racist, homophobic and sexist commentary from racists, homophobes and sexists.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    A friend of mine sent me some nice MARVEL shirts...one of them is just a regular Punisher shirt.....I won't wear it because of the connotations it has now