Page 149 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2251

Thread: iRacing

I bought Iowa, Atlanta and Knockhill to race iRX.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Says the guy who doesn't like iRX.
    It's not that I don't like it, it's that I don't have the patience right now to master it to a degree that I am happy with, so I don't bother. Also ovals are better

It has been my experience that oval racing is not thrilling. :shrug:
    Maybe you should try harder

Ladies and gentlemen we got BEEF!

I gained ~400 dirt oval iR this evening alone. I had three wins and a second place in Dirt Street Stock. Unfortunately, my streak was marred by a wrecker who took me out twice. Reported.

I was right about the iR and splits though. Once the strength of field got above the default, the quality of the driving noticeably improved. (Except for the d-bag who wrecked me, blamed me for it, then retaliated on me later. )

Anyone interested in doing some team endurance racing in 2022?

Possibilities:
    2022 Nurburgring Endurance Championship (four-hour races throughout the year, maybe one six-hour.) RWA and I started this series and had reasonable success. Unfortunately, he could not commit after the first few races.
    European Endurance VRS Series (six-hour races every other week-end.) Did a few of these last year and had fun. I think three drivers is a good number for this series.
    Various special events throughout 2022. Check the special events schedule. Although, I already regularly race many special events with my other team, GBR.

I will take the silence as a no.

In other news:
    Quote Originally Posted by iRacing
    Overachiever - Oval
    Win an official oval race in which you have the lowest iRating. There must be at least 10 drivers in your car class to qualify for this award.
    Won a race with the lowest iRating in the field, 1336. 12/10/2021

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I will take the silence as a no.
    Huh? What?

Sorry, I must’ve been half-asleep when I read your post

The Mimsyy Mafia will be entering the Daytona 24 hour, most likely in an LMP2 because GTE is no longer a thing in IMSA and GT3 SUUUUCKS.

Also I’m going to do the fixed setup Daytona 500, I’ll just have to learn strategy with green flag pit stops that are likely to occur.

We should get Yobbo up to speed and do some team racing with him. How about some VRS Endurace racing on Saturday nights with me Blair? Got a Ferrari?

Hmmm. No Fezza here.

I would love to join, but the nature of my job (and I haven't been ative all years) makes it hard to commit to anything.

I did just reactivate my sub for black friday though, so I will be getting back into it, if I can get away from the flight sims.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobbo NZ View Post
    Hmmm. No Fezza here.
    Checking your profile, I see that you have the Mercedes and Porsche GT3 cars. This can be workable. I hate regular GT3 racing but make an exception to do longer more interesting races, especially team races which, in my view, are the best races that you can ever have in any sim.

There are two endurance series to choose from, which fit the purpose nicely: IMSA Endurance (160 mins) and VRS Endurance (180 mins). You need at least a B licence. Driving stints are a tank of fuel each, which typically last an hour. Some fuel saving may be required to complete the 3-hour VRS with only two pit stops.

Best Aussie timeslots for each series are:
    IMSA - 1700 AEST Saturday and 1200 AEST Sunday every fortnight
    VRS - 1900 AEST Saturday every week

I personally prefer IMSA because multiclass racing is heaps good. And if we do the midday Sunday races then Cam will likely still be awake and can join in! I think he owns the Merc.

I did not realize that the IMSA Endurance series is a team event.

No love for the Euro Enduros?