Page 104 of 230 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2291

Thread: iRacing

I looked down to get something and then all of a sudden there were MULTIPLE flashes of color and I just...how do you blow the corner THAT bad?
    Get that weak shit off my track

If you are talking about lap 8 in the hairpin, I had already turned in, but saw the guy bombing up the inside. I turned away from the apex just so I would not get wrecked. Then, he went WAAY wide to keep his momentum up. How was that a legit pass? Oh well, all three of those guys got karma'd.
    Last edited by Cam; May 11th, 2021 at 07:13 PM.

Junior Potato
    Hairpin turn 5 is a ripper! 10 spots gained by the second lap is an achievement. Or not really, depending on your perspective...

It's indicative of very smart, consistent driving and making good decisions to keep out of trouble. It shows you don't need alien talent to gain a lot of places with little effort, just a good head. It's incredibly satisfying to participate in... and watch!

It's similar to my last race, for which I posted the results sheet above, except the first few laps were incredibly clean with no major sausages into turn 5 and only one or two cars losing a lot of places. I relied on mid-race attrition to gain spots as I am pretty sure I didn't pass a single car on track for position, plus a pit stop in which I lost less places than the guy immediately ahead of me.

Similar results, similar tactics, same track, and we were both driving Porsches. What more could you want?

I just reviewed the race again. It was a wreckfest on a bombing range. I was lucky to avoid getting spun.

Junior Potato
    This is totally random, and not at all related to iRacing, but getting into the game and having to calculate time zones in different parts of the world has made me realise that pacific time USA is actually only a wee bit ahead of my time zone.

I am used to staying up just past midnight on Sundays to watch F1 and MotoGP, because I am 8-10 hours ahead of European time. And watching any racing at, say... Indianapolis was out of the question because the race would finish almost as normal people are getting up to go to work. So that all happens while it's dark here.

But for the west coast of the USA, midnight for them is 5pm for me. Currently it's 06:30 there as I type this, and 23:30 for me. They are 17 hours behind me, but that means they're also 7 hours ahead, which is my big realisation.

I've been watching some RenceTheFence playing iRacing on Twitch and he does Late Nights with RTF, which happens in my afternoons/evenings. Such a good vibe. There will be plenty of locals watching at that time, and heaps of Aussies tune in because it's right in the perfect time to watch. His team won bottom split in the N24 and yep, you guessed it: he drove the early morning stints while his team mates slept.

Pay no mind to the train of thought I am typing out here. It's interesting, is all

This is the kind of garbage I have to deal with almost every time I race GTE. The driver who bombed me had a SR of about 2.3 and 16x in the race. At least he got what he deserved.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaJLBbxp458

RWA, would you mind if I used one of your screen grabs from Le Mans as a thumbnail for upcoming RSR streams? I used it for the thumbnail for the above video, but it is unlisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    This is the kind of garbage I have to deal with almost every time I race GTE. The driver who bombed me had a SR of about 2.3 and 16x in the race. At least he got what he deserved.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaJLBbxp458
    Hahaha what a dumbass. Mid-Ohio, right? I'll be there this weekend! Which is probably why they have IMSA there in game.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    RWA, would you mind if I used one of your screen grabs from Le Mans as a thumbnail for upcoming RSR streams? I used it for the thumbnail for the above video, but it is unlisted.
    Yeah man, go right ahead

Junior Potato
    Another arse hole bites the dust...

He is popular, has a high iRating, gets plenty of viewers on stream, drives fast, but drinks booze like a fish and acts like a butthole. A complete bogan from country Victoria.

A good example of someone not being able to see why they are being penalised.