Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Hah, I did the opposite. Pole sitter spun and I broke out all alone to an open track, led about half the race. Then he caught back up and got by, then I ran alone the rest of the race. Big IR and SR gains.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Lesson: keep pushing!
    Yep. Never rage quit. You never know who else is going to come to grief and you might salvage a result that you're proud of.

I have another mantra in a similar vein: if you're pushing and it's the last lap and the next guy is 5.01 seconds ahead and it seems pointless to push, always keep them honest. Keep them within 4.09 seconds. They might fuck up the last turn and recover and you'll have the chance to beat them by 0.01 seconds.

It has happened to me before.

Cam, do you have the Lotus 79?

I am thinking about competing in this on Sunday at 12:30pm:

They're at Spa this week. I haven't ran the Lotus 79 in a long time.

No. I have considered it though. I would like to have it. I just ran out of dough.

Radical is at Mt. Panorama this week. Yikes! I'm going to grind my teeth away. Just did a race where I was just trying keep it pointed straight. Alas, I had a stupid low-speed spin and crash with two laps left. Eight minute pit stop for damage, so I just quit out.

At 7:57, I decided to race Pro Mazda at 8:00. I always look at who is in the race when I enter the track. Oh lookie, Robby Unser is in the race. "That can't be who I think it is." I thought. I looked him up later and it, indeed, appears to be who I thought it was. He finished 12th. I finished 5th.

I am using a set I got from iRacing's forums. It was the first one I found with a cursory search. It seems OK to me. Maybe not the fastest, I don't know. I qualified 8th with a 1:31.1, about two seconds off the pole time. There are two big straights at Interlagos, so I figured I could just sit in a fast guy's draft and have them pull me around track. I managed to get in behind a dude named Michel. He was faster than I, but he basically towed me around for 45 minutes, flag to flag. I was driving BALLS OUT to keep up. When he pitted I pitted. At one point, I got right under his wing for about two laps. I thought that if I could stay there, I could maybe pull off a last lap draft pass. I was doing 1:29s. Unfortunately, I made slight mistake, allowing a gap before the end. It was a very satisfying race.
    Last edited by Cam; March 31st, 2020 at 05:55 PM.

Very cool.

I'm really glad you like the Pro Mazda. It's a bit of a hidden gem in the sim, it's always been my favorite car in iRacing.

I'm not going to get to race much this week. Mostly on Thursday and Sunday. Most likely scrapping my plan to moonlight in the Classic Lotus Series this week as well.

Just did a SRF race. Qualified 11th out of 20+ cars. Early in the race, I was as high as 6th place. Alas, a dude lost it in front of me and I could not avoid a collision. It ripped the front of my car off. There did not seem to be any suspension damage, so I just kept racing with no nose. I lost speed on the straights, of course. By drafting a lapped car, I managed to salvage 7th.

Nice! SRF can be a tricky beast. Needs lots of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I'm really glad you like the Pro Mazda. It's a bit of a hidden gem in the sim, it's always been my favorite car in iRacing.
    And....It's discontinued. Fuck me.

Indy Pro 2000 and USF2000.

Utilizing the same chassis, the Tatuus USF17 and Tatuus PM18 represent the first two steps in the Road to Indy program. After conquering the USF17 in USF2000 action, drivers get to play with 100 more horsepower, more aerodynamic options, and larger tires with the PM18 in Indy Pro 2000.

Upon release, the USF2000 will be used in Formula Sprint races at the D-class license level, where it will replace the Dallara F3. The Dallara F3 will remain in its own series at the C-class license level.

Upon release, the Indy Pro 2000 will replace the former Pro Mazda car at the C-class license level. The Pro Mazda will be renamed as a "Legacy" car and removed from official racing. Any user who purchased the Pro Mazda within the last two years will receive the Indy Pro 2000 for free!

Finally, future seasons at both levels will see the addition of short ovals run in real life to more closely replicate the real-world Road to Indy ladder.
    Not only are they replacing it, but the replacement series will feature more ovals.