Page 188 of 225 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2242

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    I am lodging two separate reports using four replay clips against the same driver from an oval race.

He had beef because he wanted to fit two cars into the slim gap between the wall and a stricken wreck, or at least have me obediently plough into the stationary car at 100 mph to save his bacon and let him zoom past me, despite the fact that positions are frozen as soon as the caution flag flies. I guess my mistake was expecting the car behind me to react as soon as I did, while he was still on the pedal when the yellow flag was called and tyre smoke was clearly visible from his vantage point, and then filing through the gap one-by-one if at all possible. The nerve of me huh?

He said "what the fuck, you fucking idiot?" so that's a voice chat infringement.

Many laps later during another caution he passed 5+ cars to catch me and then attempted to swerve across my rear bumper, and missed. Twice That's a retaliation.

Then on the final restart he was one row ahead of me but instead of lining up next to that car he hung back and then pulled down into my row, hitting me and the car behind me. Another retaliation.

On the green he moved down and blocked my run, then made contact with my car, which spun him out and up onto the racing surface, only to be satisfyingly and terminally collected by some other poor soul at high speed. Another retaliation.

It's too bad that you never get told how long the bans will go for.

Sounded like a fun race.
    He'll probably just get a sternly written email 🤣

Junior Potato
    iRacing is actually pretty fair with their reporting process. Yes it's nowhere near as good as live stewarding, and in my opinion the court of public opinion should have no say in any matters. It's the best and most even-handed process available given the circumstances.

My reports will be reviewed, they will look at it impartially, and I am pretty sure they give the accused the right of reply. After that they make the decision.

If it's the first time, yeah, a sternly worded email is sent to hopefully adjust the accused's behaviour, because in this stage of the matter it is better to allow everyone to race fairly. You may dislike a guy but everyone has a better time if you race nicely enough. Trust me, I have a few former members of my shit list who've become worthy competitors after a while and it is better this way, so never hold a grudge against anybody!

But further reports against that person will lead to stricter penalties. Eventually if the driver is bad enough they get bans for everything, indefinitely.

The below video is instructive. I really dislike Mitch McLeod (I find him almost as toxic as Pablo Araujo, a fellow Twitch streamer to McLeod) but it shows how the process is handled in terms of being accused of repeated infringements. I am pretty sure the publication of this video helped McLeod get the suspension lifted, so they do pay attention, particularly to members of notable stature like this guy.

I drove like crap this week. Took myself out of Supercars, Kamel GTO, GPL (and punted someone,) Kamel GTP (and punted someone), and Classic Lotus GP (and caused an incident.) I have to get my act together.

Junior Potato
    Here’s the first product of the copulation of iRacing and Monster games. Available on Xbox and PS4/5.

https://www.iracing.com/world-of-out...tion-and-xbox/

The blurb says “all-new” but I wonder if that means they use existing iRacing assets for the first time in console.

I’m interested!

Went from 13th on the grid to a podium today in Kamel GT. It was a pretty thrilling race, especially near the end.
    https://youtu.be/4jRN6VHn31g

I protested a driver three times over the course of a few months for lousy rejoins. The week after the third protest, he said something to the effect of that he did not feel up to racing that week. Yeah, BS. I think he got a week suspension.

Did several Street Stock races at [Legacy] Michigan this week with mixed success. At the moment, if I can manage to not get wrecked, I can do quite well in my splits. Unfortunately, just 2x at this track will make my SR go down. It went from 4.25 to 3.22 this week. My last race went well though. I ran near or at the front the whole race and finished 3rd with 0x, despite being one of the lowest-rated drivers. The race before that, I did well also, except that race was rough. Lots of 'rubbin' going on and I finished with 5x.

The difference in the quality of the driving depending on the split you are in is very noticeable.
    Last edited by Cam; October 10th, 2022 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Everybody should watch this video and see evidence that Cam is like the nicest human on the planet. He doesn't even swear when he fucks up on a video game.
    I said, "My car is fucked." during my Long Beach Supercars stream. In over 500 streams, that is only the second time I've swore while live.

Sometimes I have the reaction in the chat that Cam would be justified having vocally
    Get that weak shit off my track